Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

redbacks I've had 5 now (SA)

redbacks I've had 5 now (SA)

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default redbacks I've had 5 now (SA)

All around my house.
2 in the postbox where I have to put my hand in to get the post and 3 in the garage. One on the garage door, spotted as my OH walked under it as it rolled skywards.

I want to swear loudly but know that the moderators will delete me. MY GOD!!!!!

Anyone living in SA have similar issues. I'm spraying everywhere with stuf i bought at Bunnings but right now want to run away to Adelaide Airport and fly home where it's safe!

I kid you not.

Advice welcome
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: redbacks I've had 5 now (SA)

I'M WATCHING THIS ONE
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it.. I'm almost in tears!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

jenniferday is an unknown quantity at this point

oh dear, and here I was thinking that this was a thread about Redback beer. oops.
hmm, nasty little buggers, you may need to get a professional in to give the outside of the house a good spray. Try not to freak out too much though, the bites are rarely fatal.
..then I suggest a nice 6 pack of Redback beers.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I am freaking out though. Already not feeling vert settled and this really isn't helping. OH has already started on te Tooheys though. lol.

It's abit like one more straw...etc.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

None here so far. Mortein is the thing to spray with apparantly.

Lou
xx
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah we;re armed with Mortein Spider killer but they keep popping up in new places. We'll have to get the professionals in I guess.

Was told by landlord that we'd have to be really unlucky to see one. There were 5 living here and counting...
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:04 am
Just Joined

We had quite the infestation when we lived in Perth, a whole frikken nest of them. blaargh! Spray what you can see, but def give the real estate a call on Monday to get the pros in, in fact I think the landlord has to pay for it! bonus!
don't let some spiders get you down though, hang in there. In Adelaide eh? I lived there for about 18 months a few years back, how are you finding it? (besides the spiders of course)
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

it's beautiful. I live 10 paces from the beach and really have nothing to complaing about. Just weird being so far away, especially as Oz doesn't feel that far i you know what i mean. You feel comfortable and them something reminds you how far away you really are and then you start to cry. I'm a loser really aren't i!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:15 am
Just Joined

You're not a loser at all. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's still early days. It'll get better, promise. When we first came out we all found it quite tough, mum would even play Xmas music in July for a few years. lol.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jennifer
x
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:27 am
Just Joined

no worries, uh, mate
say hi to the Big Balls and those crazy pigs in Rundle Mall for me
I found them heaps scarier than any spider
(balls?! really, why would ya? heh)
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
Banned

Mr Mortgage is an unknown quantity at this point

SPIDERS ARE SCARY. FACT.

However, I do know that Huntsmans are harmless, but, I woke up the other morning and there was one on the ceiling directly above my head, and I swear he was looking at me and just deciding whether or not to jump down for a cuddle.

Bed to bedrooom door 5.3 metres = 1.5 seconds.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LOl. I know how you feel! He's all hairy too eurgh..
Were abouts are you then?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:44 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
All around my house.
2 in the postbox where I have to put my hand in to get the post and 3 in the garage. One on the garage door, spotted as my OH walked under it as it rolled skywards.
You need to get some Huntsman spiders to eat the redbacks. Problem solved. Huntsmen make good pets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.