Reload this Page >

Recruitment Jobs

Recruitment Jobs

Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

daler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recruitment Jobs

Folks,

I have nearly 4 years recruitment experience in Industrial (2 as manager) and Construction and am wondering if anyone has any contacts with any firms in Melbourne. I am registered with two recruit-2-recruit firms there but plan to take the initiaitve and sort something off my own back. I am flexible to other areas of recruitment. Can anyone help?

Ta
Dale
Old Sep 10th 2002, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recruitment Jobs

Originally posted by daler:
Folks,

I have nearly 4 years recruitment experience in Industrial (2 as manager) and Construction and am wondering if anyone has any contacts with any firms in Melbourne. I am registered with two recruit-2-recruit firms there but plan to take the initiaitve and sort something off my own back. I am flexible to other areas of recruitment. Can anyone help?

Ta
Dale
mate - R2R firms over here dont really deal with industrial / construction firms (not much profit in them). 24/7 on call etc etc. certainly dont expect a managers role when you do come over.

i run another R2R firm in Victoria - all i can say is, approach with care, dont hold your goals too high (cos you will be taking a hell of a step back coming into this marketplace) and be prepared to "go back to school" in a business sense.

oh, and commission ? forget it ! avg salary will be $45k - $50k max. r u on a WHV, 457 or PR ? cos the tax breaks on a 457 are quite beneficial in keeping your head above water.
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

daler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recruitment Jobs

Originally posted by stay or go ?:

mate - R2R firms over here dont really deal with industrial / construction firms (not much profit in them). 24/7 on call etc etc. certainly dont expect a managers role when you do come over.

i run another R2R firm in Victoria - all i can say is, approach with care, dont hold your goals too high (cos you will be taking a hell of a step back coming into this marketplace) and be prepared to "go back to school" in a business sense.

oh, and commission ? forget it ! avg salary will be $45k - $50k max. r u on a WHV, 457 or PR ? cos the tax breaks on a 457 are quite beneficial in keeping your head above water.
Thanks for the advice

I figured as much in terms of pay and having to take a step back. Having said that its all about how badly you want things and confidence in your own ability. I don't intend hanging around on 50k forever. Don't know what you think but when I was checking out sponsorship opportunities on my WHV was told by the big 2 R2R agencies in Melbourne (think you know who I mean), no chance of even getting an interview. I got 3 within a month. Didn't get fixed up (prob because it would cost a company to sponsor) but when I get my fiance visa I would hope it is a slightly different story.

With respect to them, I found the consultants a yard slower than over here. No wonder a lot of the big boys sponsor or ship from the UK.
Do you deal in positions for which I could be potentially considered. As you are, as I would hope, a growing company I take it you will need additional consultants in the next few months?

Thanks
Dale