Reload this Page >

Recruitment agencies in Oz

Recruitment agencies in Oz

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

moschops is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Recruitment agencies in Oz

Hi,
I have been offered a sponsorship by BDS Recruitment in Melbourne. Does anyone know anything about them?

Is there a governing body out there that i could contact to find out if they are a legitimate company?

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment agencies in Oz

Originally posted by moschops
Hi,
I have been offered a sponsorship by BDS Recruitment in Melbourne. Does anyone know anything about them?

Is there a governing body out there that i could contact to find out if they are a legitimate company?

Thanks
They are a real company. I don't know much about them (Have you seen their web site at http://www.bdsrecruit.com/content/home.asp?name=Home ?)
You could try emailing DIMIA but I'm nor sure if you'll even get a response to be honest.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Default BDS

Thanks for the info, we have already tried the website, doesn't really tell us much.
How do you know they are a legit company???
Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BDS

Thanks for the info, we have already tried the website, doesn't really tell us much.
How do you know they are a legit company???
Cheers
Er, now you got me Just cos somebody told me I guess.... Try doing a search on here for them. Click on the search button at the top of the page.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Question bds

Tried the search, no joy there.
We had an interview this week with them, and they made it sound all so simple that we could just sell up and go asap, and when we arrived in Melbourne they would sponsor us and get me a job within 4-5 weeks. It's not that easy is it.......OR IS IT?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

Default Re: bds

We had an interview this week with them, and they made it sound all so simple that we could just sell up and go asap, and when we arrived in Melbourne they would sponsor us and get me a job within 4-5 weeks. It's not that easy is it.......OR IS IT?
I've heard this story before. The problem is a bit chicken and egg: you don't want to go without being sponsored but they don't want to sponsor you when you are not in the country. What's you occupation?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bds

Some basic kind of visas to ask:

- what kind of visa would they organise? If they say a 457 visa, then you need to start looking hard at the risks and issues involved. If you do go to Australia on a visa like this, you should do so with open eyes.

- DIMIA do not like people travelling to Australia on tourist visas or ETAs if there is an intention to apply for a further visa onshore.

- If you're not going to be a PR, what are the arrangements for healthcare, children's education, and repatriation to the UK if things don't work out.

Why not see if you're eligible for a PR visa and then come to Australia with that already sorted out?

Jeremy

Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:41 am
Just Joined

As far as we know we would be travelling on a ETA and we would be applying for a temporary visa on arrival through one of their visa agents.
BDS say they have a PQBS licence which allows them to bring in qualified people that are in demand over there does this make any difference?
Yes we are eligible for a PR but it seemed like a quick and easy option.
I'm a Toolmaker by trade and any more info on this would be very much appreciated.
cheers.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:05 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,

Thanks
Look up
BDS RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING PTY LTD ACN: 104 391 442 10 Apr 2003

it's a name registered to The Trustee for D & S BUSIJA FAMILY TRUST.

also known as PLUM RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING PTY LTD

or http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bi...=ACN&srchsrc=1

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Jul 4th 2004 at 9:07 am.

Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Cheers ABCDiamond just checked those sites at least we know they are a registered company but will be phoning them to find out why they have changed names they didnt mention it at the interview.
Maybe we are just being a bit too sceptical about all this and just jump on the next plane out.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

An ETA - especially a tourist ETA - is not an appropriate way to travel to Australia with the intention of staying longer term. Immigration are quite within their rights to refuse you entry on arrival if you try this.

In the area of migration, it's normally more important to do things the *right* way rather than the 'quick and easy' way.

If you go to Australia on a 457 visa, do you mind being restricted to working for one employer? Have you got a plan to get PR, and what's your fall-back if PR doesn't work out?

The safest way to move to Australia is to sort our your PR in advance. Sometimes this is easier to do from overseas - for example, if you need a TRA skill assessment you may find it a lot easier to organise the documentation from there.

Arrangements for 457 visas have changed recently, in that now the application process is done onshore, and you get an electronic ok to travel to Australia. That is not the same as an ETA.

And as I've said - there are a range of issues and risks with the 457 visa, some of which I've posted below. It's important to have your eyes open to these issues, not find out about them after you arrive.

If you're interested in Melbourne then you should be looking at the Victoria skilled migration unit website:
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Get some professional advice on the visa issues if you're not 100% clear on what the issues are.

Jeremy

As far as we know we would be travelling on a ETA and we would be applying for a temporary visa on arrival through one of their visa agents.
BDS say they have a PQBS licence which allows them to bring in qualified people that are in demand over there does this make any difference?
Yes we are eligible for a PR but it seemed like a quick and easy option.
I'm a Toolmaker by trade and any more info on this would be very much appreciated.
cheers.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there, We have spoken to these people before, and it all seems okay, but the only thing with us we wanted the security of being able to get the kids in school, family allowance, medicare benefits etc, you dont get all these with a 457 visa, so expect to start paying for kids schooling etc.

As Raj says try STNI this is a quicker way for PR and if your planning on Melbourne anyway, give it a go.

Another thought what is to stop, a company employing you and paying you crap wages, it is not as if you can say I'm leaving is it.

Just think long and hard that would be my advice, all I know if I was single I would definately go for it, but I'm not I have a family to think of as well, so it's the PR route for us.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:14 am
BDS Recruit

[i]Originally posted by ABCDiamond [/
Look up
BDS RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING PTY LTD ACN: 104 391 442 10 Apr 2003

it's a name registered to The Trustee for D & S BUSIJA FAMILY TRUST.

also known as PLUM RECRUITMENT & CONSULTING PTY LTD

or http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bi...=ACN&srchsrc=1
Just a quick note to ABCDiamond. The search you have done is based on the wrong Company name. Plum recruitment is a one man show based in Melbourne and whilst there is no bad report on them they are nothing to do with BDS Recruit Pty Ltd ABN: 40 068 242 893 which is a 40 year old, Australia wide $36,000,000 per year revenue company with a history of UK sponsorships.

Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:18 am
BDS Recruit

Originally posted by JAJ
An ETA - especially a tourist ETA - is not an appropriate way to travel to Australia with the intention of staying longer term. Immigration are quite within their rights to refuse you entry on arrival if you try this.

In the area of migration, it's normally more important to do things the *right* way rather than the 'quick and easy' way.

If you go to Australia on a 457 visa, do you mind being restricted to working for one employer? Have you got a plan to get PR, and what's your fall-back if PR doesn't work out?

The safest way to move to Australia is to sort our your PR in advance. Sometimes this is easier to do from overseas - for example, if you need a TRA skill assessment you may find it a lot easier to organise the documentation from there.

Arrangements for 457 visas have changed recently, in that now the application process is done onshore, and you get an electronic ok to travel to Australia. That is not the same as an ETA.

And as I've said - there are a range of issues and risks with the 457 visa, some of which I've posted below. It's important to have your eyes open to these issues, not find out about them after you arrive.

If you're interested in Melbourne then you should be looking at the Victoria skilled migration unit website:
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Get some professional advice on the visa issues if you're not 100% clear on what the issues are.

Jeremy
BDS Recruit is happy for any potential employee coming to Australia to speak with Parris and Shar, Immigration Agents. With changes to Government attitudes, variations to the Skilled Migration Legislation and opportunities available in the different states of Australia we will always assist any interested party to take the right descisions with regard to a move to Australia.

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:49 am
TataCakes

Hi,

Thanks
Yes they are legitimate! We came to Oz a few years ago via BDS and the 457 Visa, its a little dodgy and not a good visa to be on. It depends on your circumstances but we were a couple with young kids and we struggled because we had one income and no entitlements, but after 6 months we applied for PR and it came through in 8 months so all okay now, but dont be put off Oz is excellant and well worth the move, just be careful with the 457 and BDS are not very helpful they dont have enough info or people qualified to answer queries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.