Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recommend a Chinese tutor ?

Recommend a Chinese tutor ?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Recommend a Chinese tutor ?

Hi there,
Hubby and i need to be learning Chinese Mandarin and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good tutor on the Gold Coast ?
Thanks Sunbound
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend a Chinese tutor ?

I have Chinese friends in Brisbane and their kids all attended Mandarin Classes on a Saturday at a Chinese School. Probably this one http://www.miaomiao.org/. Maybe you should phone this school and they can recommend someone on the coast for you.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Wai So Dim . . . most say he's very good, but that he can be very demanding and sometimes even a little wude.

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 26th 2010 at 6:22 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Any of these of any use?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Any of these of any use?
Thanks Moneypenny can always rely on you!!! xxx
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of

I'm curious as to why people now want to learn 普通话 . I spent years studying it and it's never been any use, despite me becoming fluent and being able to read and write 简体字. Perhaps I should start a Mandarin school in Sydney.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michael_w
I'm curious as to why people now want to learn 普通话 . I spent years studying it and it's never been any use, despite me becoming fluent and being able to read and write 简体字. Perhaps I should start a Mandarin school in Sydney.
Depends if you deal with Chinese companies alot or not ? You find that some speak great English while others not a word. I'm learning it too only because i seem to have an aptitude for languages and then maybe we can practise together..
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi Sunbound
Not sure if mandarin covers the full range of vocabulary when we have had a few wines together Neill said thats unless you dont drink any more and become tea total!!!!!
The next time we get together we can exchange mandarin
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spadgersdad
Hi Sunbound
Not sure if mandarin covers the full range of vocabulary when we have had a few wines together Neill said thats unless you dont drink any more and become tea total!!!!!
The next time we get together we can exchange mandarin
Definately ..its been far too long !! I keep telling Neil that everytime he rings me from China after a heavy night of wining and dining customers he sounds like he's fluent in Chinese anyway !!!