Reload this Page >

recomendation of Car shipping

recomendation of Car shipping

Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:06 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default recomendation of Car shipping

I am interested to know of peoples expieriences of the shipping process for motor vehicles any problems I.E. Damage costs any recomendations greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:14 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: recomendation of Car shipping

I have used "Anglo Pacific" twice, both times their service was A+. Second time they even emailed me photos of the car being loaded into the container. One of my cars had a cracked windscreen when it arrived, but the paperwork clearly showed no crack going into the container, but a crack when it came out, so insurance paid up within 48 hours - no fuss.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:56 pm
jan
classy clipper

Originally Posted by spuddyo
I have used "Anglo Pacific" twice, both times their service was A+. Second time they even emailed me photos of the car being loaded into the container. One of my cars had a cracked windscreen when it arrived, but the paperwork clearly showed no crack going into the container, but a crack when it came out, so insurance paid up within 48 hours - no fuss.
Thanks for the recomendation What sort of money for the container are we looking at? Also did you deliver the car to the port? Or did they collect?
Many thanks Jan.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

I use cargoonline.com.au to ship my car the 20ft container cost £1600 and insurance was £900 this covered everything from scratches bumps and damage to the car as i had a report done on the car which was sent to the insurance company A Letton Percival & Co Ltd. You will find the other cost involved if you ask for a quote customs charges ect
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
I am interested to know of peoples expieriences of the shipping process for motor vehicles any problems I.E. Damage costs any recomendations greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Where are you shipping the car from and to?
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:52 pm
jan
classy clipper

Originally Posted by Robbie37Michelle32
I use cargoonline.com.au to ship my car the 20ft container cost £1600 and insurance was £900 this covered everything from scratches bumps and damage to the car as i had a report done on the car which was sent to the insurance company A Letton Percival & Co Ltd. You will find the other cost involved if you ask for a quote customs charges ect
Many thanks for that info I will check them out.Out of interest was there any damage to your car? The cost seems quite reasonable and I am told other items can be packed in the car.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:55 pm
jan
classy clipper

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Where are you shipping the car from and to?
From the U.K. to the port of Brisbane. Sorry I took it for granted the reader would assume that as I dont think it worthwhile in the other direction.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

No damage as yet Yes you can put things in the car
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
From the U.K. to the port of Brisbane. Sorry I took it for granted the reader would assume that as I dont think it worthwhile in the other direction.
BE is a worldwide site though, so naming the ports is handy
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:12 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
Thanks for the recomendation What sort of money for the container are we looking at? Also did you deliver the car to the port? Or did they collect?
Many thanks Jan.
Anglo Pacific sent a truck to pick-up my last car import from the bloke I purchased it from, they charge an extra fee for that but it only worked out at about 2 pounds per mile. ( 100 miles was just under 200 pounds.) They also had it delivered to my home in Australia via their local agent, again an extra fee was charged. It was all arranged quickly and easily by phone and email.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:26 pm
jan
classy clipper

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Anglo Pacific sent a truck to pick-up my last car import from the bloke I purchased it from, they charge an extra fee for that but it only worked out at about 2 pounds per mile. ( 100 miles was just under 200 pounds.) They also had it delivered to my home in Australia via their local agent, again an extra fee was charged. It was all arranged quickly and easily by phone and email.
Thanks for the info. I have checked out the web site along with a couple of other recomendations all seems worthwhile so will go with it
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:20 am
Just Joined

sabink is an unknown quantity at this point

and what forms are needed when the car lands in Oz?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Lots you first need a export certificate before you can send the car which is a few form to fill out. Not too sure as what else needs to be done once it get over to Oz as i have an agent doing it for me the car goes today