Reload this Page >

Recognition of Prior Learning

Recognition of Prior Learning

Old Mar 10th 2015, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_cop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recognition of Prior Learning

Morning all

I was hoping someone could shed some light on which company to use for a Recognition of Prior Learning in Australia?

This is for Certificate III in Roof Plumbing.

Do they do it for UK citizens?

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2015, 11:51 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recognition of Prior Learning

Originally Posted by Aussie_cop
Morning all

I was hoping someone could shed some light on which company to use for a Recognition of Prior Learning in Australia?

This is for Certificate III in Roof Plumbing.

Do they do it for UK citizens?

Thanks

Can you please clarify a few things.

Where are you doing the Cert 3, in Australia or the UK??
What do you mean by a "company to use"?
Do you mean a company outside of the TAFE (Technical and Further Education) system that does the assessing of the RPL?

If in Australia, the relevant TAFE college that is doing the Cert 3 trade course I am sure will have the means of assessing (both practical and theoretical) your RPL application. You'll need an Australian recognised certificate once here.

Have a read of these info websites which may help. The first 2 are for Queensland, but it should be pretty similar in other states.

Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer - Department of Education, Training and Employment

https://www.qld.gov.au/education/career/pages/rpl.html

Home Page
Old Mar 10th 2015, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Can you please clarify a few things.

Where are you doing the Cert 3, in Australia or the UK??
What do you mean by a "company to use"?
Do you mean a company outside of the TAFE (Technical and Further Education) system that does the assessing of the RPL?

If in Australia, the relevant TAFE college that is doing the Cert 3 trade course I am sure will have the means of assessing (both practical and theoretical) your RPL application. You'll need an Australian recognised certificate once here.

Have a read of these info websites which may help. The first 2 are for Queensland, but it should be pretty similar in other states.

Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer - Department of Education, Training and Employment

https://www.qld.gov.au/education/career/pages/rpl.html

Home Page
Thanks for your reply.

1. I'll be in the UK

2. Company - I mean someone who can assess my NVQ Level 2 / Prior Recognition of Learning to be awarded the Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPC32612)

3. Yes

4. I want to get th Australian recognised certificate before I arrive in Aus

Hope that helps,

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

1. I'll be in the UK

2. Company - I mean someone who can assess my NVQ Level 2 / Prior Recognition of Learning to be awarded the Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (training.gov.au - CPC32612 - Certificate III in Roof Plumbing)

3. Yes

4. I want to get th Australian recognised certificate before I arrive in Aus

Hope that helps,

Thanks
You need to get your skills assessed by Vetassess for the visa application. If successful, you'll get OTSR which will help you get the first license. Not sure what gap training you'll need - check the state that you plan to move to for their requirements.

Worry about getting everything you need for the visa application first.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You need to get your skills assessed by Vetassess for the visa application. If successful, you'll get OTSR which will help you get the first license. Not sure what gap training you'll need - check the state that you plan to move to for their requirements.

Worry about getting everything you need for the visa application first.
Nope. I don't need the VETASSESS. Mine is Skills Assessment from Trades Recognition Australia.

That will be sent off the July, so plenty of time to prepare. Write personal statements over and over again till its on point!

Will keep you all in the loop.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. I don't need the VETASSESS. Mine is Skills Assessment from Trades Recognition Australia.

That will be sent off the July, so plenty of time to prepare. Write personal statements over and over again till its on point!

Will keep you all in the loop.
Sorry - thinking of general plumbers which is licensed trade.

The TRA assessment should be enough for employers - I wouldn't worry about RPL.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Cheers big ears
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:49 am

Just in case you decide to continue looking at RPL, I checked TRA's link to RTO's for RPL - https://training.gov.au/Search/Searc...peSearch=False
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:16 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sorry - thinking of general plumbers which is licensed trade.

The TRA assessment should be enough for employers - I wouldn't worry about RPL.
Not sure about other states, but Qld state licenced general plumbers do roof plumbing and need to be licences and registered, so I guess it is the same nationwide......

For example, Roofing Contractor Licenses in Australia

To be sure the OP would need to contact the relevant building authority in the state in which he wants to move to.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Not sure about other states, but Qld state licenced general plumbers do roof plumbing and need to be licences and registered, so I guess it is the same nationwide......

For example, Roofing Contractor Licenses in Australia

To be sure the OP would need to contact the relevant building authority in the state in which he wants to move to.
Good points