Reload this Page >

Recognised teaching qualifications

Recognised teaching qualifications

Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

BugBabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recognised teaching qualifications

HI,
Can any good person please tell me if the GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme) is recognised in Australia. If not can I convert it somehow? There is no problem from an application point of view because hubby is on SOL list, just dont want to get out there and find I can't get a job!

Visiting Perth next year with a view to move the year after

Thanks, Claire x
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Recognised teaching qualifications

I have no idea, hopefully someone will come along with an answer. Keep in mind it's midnight on the East Coast here so you may be waiting a while

You could always contact them directly to ask them:
http://www.wacot.wa.edu.au/
I think that's the right people to ask.

Right now I'm applying for registration in Queensland so I really don't know anything about the system in WA.

I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:23 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BugBabe
HI,
Can any good person please tell me if the GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme) is recognised in Australia. If not can I convert it somehow?
The GTP isn't recognised in Australia.

Gina

P.S. You may want to read and post in the "teaching" forum as well:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Last edited by GinaUK; Aug 20th 2007 at 3:29 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

As far as i know you can't use a GTP to gain entry to Australia, it is not recognised...yet! However, if like you say, you don't need it to enter the country, you will probably be able to get your degree and teacher practice assessed by the Western Australian teacher board and be able to teach anyway. If you are a registered teacher in the uk i believe that is what they will assess.

It's bizare that you can't get in with it but it's possibly down to the fact that the GTP is quite new here and therefore may take a while to become recognised in aus.

You'll be fine as long as you get your qualifications/teacher practice assessed and get your teaching licence