Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recieving Parcels and Packages from the UK

Recieving Parcels and Packages from the UK

Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:22 am
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future
Default Recieving Parcels and Packages from the UK

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for a parcel to arrive from the UK? Its my sons birthday today, and my mother in law has sent him a parcel enclosed with presents (nothing expensive) and his cards over 2 weeks ago now.

Also, my son is into football and my mother has sent him a football magazine and enclosed his birthday cards in with it 9 days ago, we have always recieved his football magazines within 5 days in the past, but this one has a small football game attached to it, (don't know if that would make any difference) and although both my mother in law and mother have declared what is in the parcels, they still haven't turned up.

Does anyone know who i would be able to contact to find out where the parcels are or if they have got lost somewhere?

Thanks all

Starlite
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Recieving Parcels and Packages from the UK

Usually about 5-7 days but anything up to two weeks!!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We've had parcels take months if they are sent sea mail, or accidentally end up in the sea mail.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Starlite
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for a parcel to arrive from the UK? Its my sons birthday today, and my mother in law has sent him a parcel enclosed with presents (nothing expensive) and his cards over 2 weeks ago now.

Also, my son is into football and my mother has sent him a football magazine and enclosed his birthday cards in with it 9 days ago, we have always recieved his football magazines within 5 days in the past, but this one has a small football game attached to it, (don't know if that would make any difference) and although both my mother in law and mother have declared what is in the parcels, they still haven't turned up.

Does anyone know who i would be able to contact to find out where the parcels are or if they have got lost somewhere?

Thanks all

Starlite
My mum always sends any parcels to us on a Thursday, we have so far always received them here the following Thursday.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

it varies, some stuff can get here in less than a week, others take ages.
also, some parcels (maybe all?) get routed via Sydney for some reason which adds to the delay
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:18 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Most take less than a week for me, but one sent at Christmas did not turn up until May last year! I think it came by sea by mistake.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The mail does seem to have been very erratic both ways lately - some stuff is only taking a few days, others posted the same time taking 2-3 weeks or more.