Reload this Page >

Recent Work Experience

Recent Work Experience

Old Sep 17th 2002, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

hsvirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent Work Experience

Hi there,

I need some help with a point regarding work experience. I have been employed in my nominated occupation for more than 3 of the last 4 years but have not been employed for 12 of the last 18 months.

What shall I do? Wait till I complete 12 months or am I misinterpreting the rules ?

Thanks
Tony
Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Recent Work Experience

Just checked the docs....and it appears that for the basic requirements (ie for them even to think about your app) you MUST have worked for the last 12 months in the last 18 month period.

So I would make sure you have the 12 months experience before even thinking about it.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 12:17 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

If you have not been employed for 12 of the last 18 months, you immediately fail the basic requirements, and thus are NOT eligible for skilled migration at this point.

The only thing you can do is to wait till you satisfy the basic requirements before you put in your application.

Peter

Originally posted by hsvirk:
I need some help with a point regarding work experience. I have been employed in my nominated occupation for more than 3 of the last 4 years but have not been employed for 12 of the last 18 months.

What shall I do? Wait till I complete 12 months or am I misinterpreting the rules ?
Old Sep 18th 2002, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

hsvirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot

Tony
Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hsvirk:
Thanks a lot

Tony
Hi Tony

Something to bear in mind the 12 months of the last 18 months count only after you become qualified ie if you had served your time in a trade then you would need a further 12 months experience on top of this.
Old Sep 24th 2002, 2:44 am
Dana Nutter

So it looks like I can forget about my RPL assessment since I've been
unemployed (except for a couple of very short contracts) since April
2001. Next August I hit 40, which will also knock me down to 110
points.

Does this mean I shouldn't even waste my time & money?