Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recent hot weather

Recent hot weather

Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Recent hot weather

Just like to say that the recent hot weather we have enjoyed has just reminded me of one of the reasons why we are moving to the sunshine coast. It has been wonderful to be able to come home after a har days work and just sit in the garden cook on the barbie and have a beer or two HEAVEN
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:28 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent hot weather

It's all great practice

I can't believe how more laid back you feel when you get up on a morning to sunshine, even hubby has had a spring in his step going to work, but maybe that is cos he's working his notice

Do you think this will last till we go in October

Loz x
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

shellyoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Recent hot weather

Originally Posted by loz
It's all great practice

I can't believe how more laid back you feel when you get up on a morning to sunshine, even hubby has had a spring in his step going to work, but maybe that is cos he's working his notice

Do you think this will last till we go in October

Loz x
The weather has been fantastic, when I am on my tea break everyone's sitting in the shade, and there is me basking in the sunshine.

I keep telling everyone that I am acclimatising to Australian weather.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:31 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Just like to say that the recent hot weather we have enjoyed has just reminded me of one of the reasons why we are moving to the sunshine coast. It has been wonderful to be able to come home after a har days work and just sit in the garden cook on the barbie and have a beer or two HEAVEN
you'll love it here - yep garden, yep barbie, yep beer or two - but remember it gets dark in the summer earlier, about 730! still i'd rather live here and have that altho i occassionally miss the 1030 lite nights and 330am bright mornings
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:38 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven

Don't mean to piss on your Barbie, but the latest sunset is just before 7PM (about 6:52 I think). During the brief dusk (it gets dark suddenly as we are nearer the equator) it is time for the mozzies to come out. I don't mind sitting inthe backyard in the dark in the evening swatting at the various bugs around the BBQ and trying to avoid fruit bats and treading on a cane toad while covered in mozzie spray but it's not for everyone.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Don't mean to piss on your Barbie, but the latest sunset is just before 7PM (about 6:52 I think). During the brief dusk (it gets dark suddenly as we are nearer the equator) it is time for the mozzies to come out. I don't mind sitting inthe backyard in the dark in the evening swatting at the various bugs around the BBQ and trying to avoid fruit bats and treading on a cane toad while covered in mozzie spray but it's not for everyone.

Love it love it love it Honesty is always a good virtue LOL!

Bix is the bugs swatter in our family - wonder why
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr

True, best way to be outside in the dark, buggy evening is to be in the pool, not much can bite you in there
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Typical Lived in Rochdale for 39 years,I come to Oz & now you get the heatwave
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
True, best way to be outside in the dark, buggy evening is to be in the pool, not much can bite you in there

I remember being pool side one late evening and my wife's non submerged shoulders came up with about 30 mozzie bite lumps the next day.

Gotta be careful with that skinny dipping on a hot summer night...
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

my melbourne will become famous soon enough

Hi woogle,we lived in Rochdale for 40 years where abouts are you from?