Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recci to Perth in 3 weeks

Recci to Perth in 3 weeks

Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Recci to Perth in 3 weeks

I'm getting really excited now. Got 3 weeks and 3 days till hubby, myself and toddler visit Perth for the first time. Been to Oz before but East Coast. Planning to have a good look around and get as much info as possible.

Can anyone recommend the best schools in Perth to give us a base for checking out areas to live in? Thought we might take a drive to Bunbury too.

Also is there anything anyone highly recommends we do or see while there?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

paul and jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recci to Perth in 3 weeks

Originally Posted by LisaT
I'm getting really excited now. Got 3 weeks and 3 days till hubby, myself and toddler visit Perth for the first time. Been to Oz before but East Coast. Planning to have a good look around and get as much info as possible.

Can anyone recommend the best schools in Perth to give us a base for checking out areas to live in? Thought we might take a drive to Bunbury too.

Rossymoyne and St Stephens Duncraig have good reputations for High Schools. We have just bought a house in Carramar to be near St Stephens extension on the Tapping estate. It is a private school but the fees are reasonable compared to most in the UK. I am sure there are many more good quality schools in Perth also.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that Rossmoyne, Willetton, Churchlands and Shenton College are among the top state schools. I think the latest league table should be out soon (wasn't there last time I looked). Check the homepage of the Curriculum Council (WA).
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:52 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paul and jo
Rossymoyne and St Stephens Duncraig have good reputations for High Schools. We have just bought a house in Carramar to be near St Stephens extension on the Tapping estate. It is a private school but the fees are reasonable compared to most in the UK. I am sure there are many more good quality schools in Perth also.

We also live in Carramar. There are many good schools here so you will have plenty of options on where to look. The northern suburbs are very nice and very new, but it's all a matter of taste, I suppose. Why don't you try and organise a little meet-up for when you get here? Having a look around is one thing, but nothing beats word of mouth and other peoples experiences.

Good luck,

Steve.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
We also live in Carramar. There are many good schools here so you will have plenty of options on where to look. The northern suburbs are very nice and very new, but it's all a matter of taste, I suppose. Why don't you try and organise a little meet-up for when you get here? Having a look around is one thing, but nothing beats word of mouth and other peoples experiences.

Good luck,

Steve.
We are also going out in 3 weeks!!!!! We leave on 3rd Feb - 24th!!! We are staying in Sorrento and plan to have a good look round as far down as Bunbury too.....

any meet-ups with you folks would be great.....the more info we have the better!!!!

would be great to hear from anybody planning the same existance!!!!

Becky
p.s stumpysean is my 'better' half!!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

A meet up is a great idea.
Would anyone be willing to meet up with us, Becky and anyone else coming over in Feb for a recci?
I cant make any suggestions on places not being there before. Any ideas would be great.....

What do you think Becky?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:57 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

hi ive been down Bunbury way ouite a big town, a little further down is Bussleton it is well worth the visit!very beautiful, the long walk down the pier is something else.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: Recci to Perth in 3 weeks

A meet up is a great idea.
Would anyone be willing to meet up with us, Becky and anyone else coming over in Feb for a recci?
I cant make any suggestions on places not being there before. Any ideas would be great.....

What do you think Becky?
Hi
yes great!
We're actually coming over with some friends so there's 9 of us!, 4 adults, 5 kids, are we mad?!!!! We're renting a big house in Sorrento, Nr Hillary's.
What dates are you planning on being there?
Where are you staying?, how long for?
When are you planning on emigrating? and how (what visa?)
Old Jan 13th 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi
yes great!
We're actually coming over with some friends so there's 9 of us!, 4 adults, 5 kids, are we mad?!!!! We're renting a big house in Sorrento, Nr Hillary's.
What dates are you planning on being there?
Where are you staying?, how long for?
When are you planning on emigrating? and how (what visa?)
We will only be there for 2 weeks unfortunately due to costs of it all. From 4 Feb to 19th Feb.
We are renting a wind of a house in Ocean Reef.
I've sent you a pm as well.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

AdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant futureAdelaideBlue has a brilliant future

Bring an umbrella!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdelaideBlue
Bring an umbrella!!
Why's that??? Do you know something I don't???
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:43 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Why's that??? Do you know something I don't???
Yes - it rained ALL DAY yesterday

Not on, I say!

J
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julesandco
Yes - it rained ALL DAY yesterday

Not on, I say!

J

Great!!!, let's hope it improves by the time we get there!!!!
I'll be gutted otherwise! apart from yesterday, it's been good though hasn't it?

I notice you're in Secret Harbour, what's it like?, we're planning on having a look there on our trip. How far is it from Perth?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:15 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Great!!!, let's hope it improves by the time we get there!!!!
I'll be gutted otherwise! apart from yesterday, it's been good though hasn't it?

I notice you're in Secret Harbour, what's it like?, we're planning on having a look there on our trip. How far is it from Perth?
Er, well, no actually! It's been the coldest start to summer in Perth since records began. There have been a few hot days, but only recently has summer started to 'kick in'.

We really like it here in Secret Harbour. When we came over on our reccie, we looked at both North and South with an open mind. The North is far more developed and established, but with the freeway extension and the train line coming to Mandurah within the next 18 months, we felt that the South was a better investment.

Secret Harbour is about an hours drive south of Perth.

Check out Mandurah when you come over, there are lots of man-made canals being put in with water front homes in the millions $$ You can also take a dolphin boat tour through the canals which is lovely - although we went to the marina today and as we were driving out saw three dolphins playing in the water - still magical!

If there's anything else I can help with - just holler.

Jules
Old Jan 13th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
Er, well, no actually! It's been the coldest start to summer in Perth since records began. There have been a few hot days, but only recently has summer started to 'kick in'.

We really like it here in Secret Harbour. When we came over on our reccie, we looked at both North and South with an open mind. The North is far more developed and established, but with the freeway extension and the train line coming to Mandurah within the next 18 months, we felt that the South was a better investment.

Secret Harbour is about an hours drive south of Perth.

Check out Mandurah when you come over, there are lots of man-made canals being put in with water front homes in the millions $$ You can also take a dolphin boat tour through the canals which is lovely - although we went to the marina today and as we were driving out saw three dolphins playing in the water - still magical!

If there's anything else I can help with - just holler.

Jules
Ive heard that Mandurah has a lot of mossies in the summer. Is that right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.