Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons why viewers don't want to buy your house

Reasons why viewers don't want to buy your house

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:52 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasons why viewers don't want to buy your house

Think we need to add a bit of light heartedness to the saga called house selling. What excuse, sorry, reasons a viewer has given that your abode is not for them.

Want to also know if those selling/sold places in Australia have had equally as valid/frustrating feedback.

Friend had her bungalow up for sale and the viewer complained of no understairs storage We have had in our short time, that the viewer cancelled their 2nd viewing because the house is in a close - I thought that was a plus point
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Reasons why viewers don't want to buy your house

We had one saying the drive wasn't big enough for her BMW 7 series! If she could afford that then she wouldn't be looking for houses as small as ours.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by spottydog
We had one saying the drive wasn't big enough for her BMW 7 series! If she could afford that then she wouldn't be looking for houses as small as ours.
I am astounded someone would be so pretentious!!

Why didn't they just say, it's not right for us.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
Think we need to add a bit of light heartedness to the saga called house selling. What excuse, sorry, reasons a viewer has given that your abode is not for them.

Want to also know if those selling/sold places in Australia have had equally as valid/frustrating feedback.

Friend had her bungalow up for sale and the viewer complained of no understairs storage We have had in our short time, that the viewer cancelled their 2nd viewing because the house is in a close - I thought that was a plus point

Were do I start, the couple who complained that there wasn't a window in the wall above our bed and asked why one was not put in there when the house was built to which I answered that I don't know I did not build it.

The people who said that the bedrooms were too small, when they had the sales bumf in their hands, what part of 11' x 11', 9' x 8' etc don't you understand.

The people that spend 1/2 hour looking round and then tell the estate agents that they don't what to live in a village, why bloody look there in the first place then.

I could go on and on but it won't do my blood pressure any good

John
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:22 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

.....you don't have a drive.....

I bloody well know, thats why the info says off road parking....
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

"you are overlooked". no sh*t sherlock - torquay is built on 7 hills - everyone is overlooked you fu**tard!!!

"youve got steps at the front" - yep just like it shows on the picture!!!!

"we would have preferred lawn" - ditto

and yesterday's little gem - "we dont want to live in st marychurch" well why the f***......?????

and so on .........
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

The first people who came to see ours were disappointed there was only one toilet.

They then went on to look in all the cupboards and build in robes to see if they could convert one to make another toilet.

Suffice to say I didn’t get and offer from them.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
I am astounded someone would be so pretentious!!

Why didn't they just say, it's not right for us.
I assume she noticed my little BMW on the front and wanted to show herself above me
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manxfamily
The first people who came to see ours were disappointed there was only one toilet.

They then went on to look in all the cupboards and build in robes to see if they could convert one to make another toilet.

Suffice to say I didn’t get and offer from them.

Sorry trying to stifle laugh!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
I assume she noticed my little BMW on the front and wanted to show herself above me

i hope you said " well thats why im moving dear because i need parking space for my new bentley" what a tw*t
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:00 pm
Happy, happy Visa holders

Location: Back in Huddersfield, after fantastic time in Gold Coast
And&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura aboutAnd&Mez has a spectacular aura about

We live on a quiet avenue. The other week we had a couple viewing with 2 children approx 5 and 3. They said it was too far away from the main road!!! I presume with 2 young children you would want to be as far away as possible from a very busy road.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you lot got some feedback Our agents seem to have a problem getting any feedback from viewers whatsoever
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

We've had several viewers and the most convincing was a couple wth a 3yr old little boy. They sold their house 6 months earlier but had tried to purchase 3 houses in the area and each one had fallen through!!

They were really surprised with the size of our house and loved the interior.
She kept saying 'this is absolutley perfect - no need to do anything to it - we could just move straight in!!' Then they made a realy big deal about the size of the house 'compared to the other houses we have been viewing this house is massive'.

I was that convinced that they would put in an offer, i posted on BE about how well it went!!
To our complete surprise they told the agent the following day that the house was perfect for them but it was too small!! WTF????

These people are just full of sh*t!! Makes me just want to scream!!
Now i feel like interegating the viewers before they get in the house..
Have you worked in theatre?
Have you any intention of purchasing my house?
Are you in any position to purchase any house?

Bloody actors wasting my time!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:47 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had them all, garden to small, no garage, all the points that are on the particulars that they have in their hands when they walk in
But the worst have to be 2 lots of viewers that we have had that have told us they love the house and even tried to start talking about making an offer to us, we blush and say talk to the agent and then hear from the agent a couple of days later that they didnt like it FFS.
Why do people bullshit what is the point?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:53 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

The first couple that came round to view were at least honest with me and said that it wasn't suitable, but the reason they gave was that it was in too good condition! Apparently they like to buy run-down properties and do them up and there wasn't anything they could do with ours.

As others have said, I really don't know how hard it is to say "thanks, but it isn't quite what we wanted/were looking for". No hard feelings...

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.