Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reason's why there so many whinging poms

Reason's why there so many whinging poms

Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:36 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future
Default Reason's why there so many whinging poms

Come on all you Aussie's, the reason why you're country is filled with whinging poms is because you keep lying to us, the two biggest lie's are:

Lovely weather 9 months of the year , i think not,
i haven't been this cold at home since i was a child and i lived in a house with no double glazing or central heating, we have had to buy an electric blanket in July, which i add was the last one in the shop, and some shops had sold out, i can count on one hand the day's we haven't had the gas fire on since May , i am sure Wa has had more rain this year than England will get for the whole year, not to mention 2 tornado's : :scared: .
Lower cost of living , i think not,
housing is cheaper, although if you built a British house to the same low standard of that of an Aussie built home, i doubt there would be a big difference in the cost.
You are lucky to find a cheap car that isn't a death trap, partly because of not having MOT's, which i add contribute's greatly to the damage to ozone layer as there is no compulsory emission's testing. Other living expenses are just as high if not higher than the UK.

Hence we arrive with high expectations and lot's of us end up disappointed. Start telling us the truth and you will find a massive decline in Uk immigrants.

P.S-Before any of you tell me to piss off back to the UK, i am next month
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reason's why there so many whinging poms

P.S-Before any of you tell me to piss off back to the UK, i am next month [/QUOTE]

as a matter of intrest how long have you lived in oz??
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:41 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o

as a matter of intrest how long have you lived in oz??[/QUOTE]
I have lived here since April, although my husband is Australian and lived in both here Sydney and the UK and he too is gladly coming back to the UK.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emzee
as a matter of intrest how long have you lived in oz??
I have lived here since April, although my husband is Australian and lived in both here Sydney and the UK and he too is gladly coming back to the UK. [/QUOTE]

rockingham is that near perth ?
what else dont you like about it ?
i do believe that both positives and negatives should be aired
although you are likely to get told to piss off as you stated
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

[/QUOTE]
my husband is Australian [/QUOTE]

He's lied to you. So whinge at him.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:54 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

I have lived here since April, although my husband is Australian and lived in both here Sydney and the UK and he too is gladly coming back to the UK.

although you are likely to get told to piss off as you stated[/QUOTE]
There are things i love about Australia, i love the people, they are friendly, open and laid back , i have yet to meet a snobby Aussie, i love the fact that you can wear what you like, look what you like and say what you like and that is quite acceptable, you will not recieve any bitchy remarks . I love the wildlife that i see everyday. On the down side Rockingham (about a 45 minute drive south of Perth) is industrial, ugly has no decent shop's and is filled with fast food restaurants, pawn broker's and second hand shop's selling over priced good's that have been bought from very hard up people for a pittance.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:56 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

my husband is Australian [/QUOTE]

He's lied to you. So whinge at him. [/QUOTE]
Fair point, the chastity belt is on
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:57 pm
Worongary

although you are likely to get told to piss off as you stated
There are things i love about Australia, i love the people, they are friendly, open and laid back , i have yet to meet a snobby Aussie, i love the fact that you can wear what you like, look what you like and say what you like and that is quite acceptable, you will not recieve any bitchy remarks . I love the wildlife that i see everyday. On the down side Rockingham (about a 45 minute drive south of Perth) is industrial, ugly has no decent shop's and is filled with fast food restaurants, pawn broker's and second hand shop's selling over priced good's that have been bought from very hard up people for a pittance.[/QUOTE]

is moving to another part of oz not a cheaper option, QLD for example
or has this experiance put you off completely?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Reason's why there so many whinging poms

Come on all you Aussie's, the reason why you're country is filled with whinging poms is because you keep lying to us, the two biggest lie's are:

Lovely weather 9 months of the year , i think not,
i haven't been this cold at home since i was a child and i lived in a house with no double glazing or central heating, we have had to buy an electric blanket in July, which i add was the last one in the shop, and some shops had sold out, i can count on one hand the day's we haven't had the gas fire on since May , i am sure Wa has had more rain this year than England will get for the whole year, not to mention 2 tornado's : :scared: .
Lower cost of living , i think not,

housing is cheaper, although if you built a British house to the same low standard of that of an Aussie built home, i doubt there would be a big difference in the cost.

You are lucky to find a cheap car that isn't a death trap, partly because of not having MOT's, which i add contribute's greatly to the damage to ozone layer as there is no compulsory emission's testing. Other living expenses are just as high if not higher than the UK.

Hence we arrive with high expectations and lot's of us end up disappointed. Start telling us the truth and you will find a massive decline in Uk immigrants.

I don't know any Aussie who claims that the weather is perfect 9 months of the year.

Low standard of houses? 40% of UK houses were built before the war. I live in the West Midlands, and never have I seen such an awful assortment of run-down rubbish. Ancient plumbing systems, filthy exteriors, cramped interiors, poor ventilation and crumbling plaster. Landlords charge a king's ransom for the privilege of living in a semi-detached shack that I wouldn't inflict on a dog, let alone a human being.

I do appreciate the UK's MOT system, and think that Australia should introduce an equivalent. But you're grossly exaggerating the chances of buying a "deathtrap"; anyone stupid enough to buy a car without checking it properly first, deserves to suffer the consequences.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:06 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

There are things i love about Australia, i love the people, they are friendly, open and laid back , i have yet to meet a snobby Aussie, i love the fact that you can wear what you like, look what you like and say what you like and that is quite acceptable, you will not recieve any bitchy remarks . I love the wildlife that i see everyday. On the down side Rockingham (about a 45 minute drive south of Perth) is industrial, ugly has no decent shop's and is filled with fast food restaurants, pawn broker's and second hand shop's selling over priced good's that have been bought from very hard up people for a pittance.

is moving to another part of oz not a cheaper option, QLD for example
or has this experiance put you off completely?[/QUOTE]
Due to a lack of cash, beleive it or not it is cheaper for us to move back to the UK, as we came on 1 year open tickets. If we moved to another state we would have to find another deposit on a rental as we won't get this deposit back for a couple of weeks, accomodation costs until we find a rental, removals and airfares, not to mention the hassle of finding work and having enough funds whilst looking for work. We haven't ruled out the possibility of coming back, but we would probably go to Sydney and we come out with lot's more money than we did this time, as we didn't have the best possible start, finding work was really hard and the wages we get are low. What is your position, are you in the process of coming out ?.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede]

Low standard of houses? 40% of UK houses were built before the war. QUOTE]
Yes, and still standing after 60 years

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede] I live in the West Midlands, and never have I seen such an awful assortment of run-down rubbish. Ancient plumbing systems, filthy exteriors, cramped interiors, poor ventilation and crumbling plaster. Landlords charge a king's ransom for the privilege of living in a semi-detached shack that I wouldn't inflict on a dog, let alone a human being.

QUOTE]

West Bromwich?? Well if you choose to live in a toilet your gonna see turds everywhere. What did you expect?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

although you are likely to get told to piss off as you stated[/QUOTE]
Out of interest, why did you decide on Rockingham. If hubby likes Sydney, why did you not go to the East Coast Not having a go, just interested.

It's good to hear both the good and the bad, but need a bit of background to understand why it's good or bad - if you see what I mean
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Reason's why there so many whinging poms

[QUOTE=rushman]
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Low standard of houses? 40% of UK houses were built before the war. QUOTE]

Yes, and still standing after 60 years
...in various states of mouldering disrepair, yes. Often in need of modernisation.

[quote]
I live in the West Midlands, and never have I seen such an awful assortment of run-down rubbish. Ancient plumbing systems, filthy exteriors, cramped interiors, poor ventilation and crumbling plaster. Landlords charge a king's ransom for the privilege of living in a semi-detached shack that I wouldn't inflict on a dog, let alone a human being.QUOTE]

West Bromwich?? Well if you choose to live in a toilet your gonna see turds everywhere. What did you expect?
It may be West Brom, but I live in a brand new flat with excellent facilities, overlooking a large swathe of open fields and beautiful trees.

My previous comment applies to the entire Midlands area in general - not just West Brom.

It is, however, equally applicable to Sheffield and a number of other British towns I've visited during my 2 years on this quaint little island.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:24 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Reason's why there so many whinging poms

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Rockingham is miles away from Perth. Take the Kwinana Freeway and drive south at speed for about 45 minutes.

Welcome to Rockingham.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:25 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Low standard of houses? 40% of UK houses were built before the war. I live in the West Midlands, and never have I seen such an awful assortment of run-down rubbish. Ancient plumbing systems, filthy exteriors, cramped interiors, poor ventilation and crumbling plaster. Landlords charge a king's ransom for the privilege of living in a semi-detached shack that I wouldn't inflict on a dog, let alone a human being.
and this one one of the reasons we want to get out to aus ...

we have a three bed victorian terrance in yardley, birmingham .. not the worst part of birmingham but a long way from the best .. for a similar size mortgage over in aus, we can get a 3/4 bed detached house in a fairly decent suburb of brisbane ..

its criminal the house prices and general state of the houses here in the uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.