Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons for refusal?

Reasons for refusal?

Old Feb 11th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reasons for refusal?

Assuming you have met the points criteria for skilled independant, have an approved skills assessment, have enough work experiance, clean bill of health and no criminal record, are there any reasons in which your application for PR could be denied?

I just wondered how it works. Can they refuse you a PR without a reason, or do they have to grant a PR to all of those who qualify?
I've assumed that if you meet the criteria and have positive police and medicals, your PR is granted. (eventually!!)

Have I assumed correctly??

Pudnut...
Old Feb 11th 2003, 4:33 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for refusal?

Originally posted by pudnut
Assuming you have met the points criteria for skilled independant, have an approved skills assessment, have enough work experiance, clean bill of health and no criminal record, are there any reasons in which your application for PR could be denied?
One reason for refusal may be fraudulent qualifications used to get a positive skills assessment or English points for applicable applicants.

Peter
Old Feb 11th 2003, 8:22 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Pudnut

The general answer is no, they won't normally refuse you if you fulfil the points test, medicals etc and are honest on your application. If you're refused, there will always be a reason.

On the subject of criminal records, it's worth pointing out that even if you have any minor offences like a parking fine, you should declare it. It won't have any adverse effect on your application, but if they find out later that you didn't mention it, it could suddenly blow up in your face. hope this helps. Good luck.

Andy

Originally posted by ptlabs
One reason for refusal may be fraudulent qualifications used to get a positive skills assessment or English points for applicable applicants.

Peter
Old Feb 11th 2003, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Pudnut

The general answer is no, they won't normally refuse you if you fulfil the points test, medicals etc and are honest on your application. If you're refused, there will always be a reason.

On the subject of criminal records, it's worth pointing out that even if you have any minor offences like a parking fine, you should declare it. It won't have any adverse effect on your application, but if they find out later that you didn't mention it, it could suddenly blow up in your face. hope this helps. Good luck.

Andy
I am acquainted with a lawyer who worked for the immigration bunch and he said as a general rule if you meet the criteria you will not be refused. Apparently they have 'guidelines' as to how many of each occupation etc they require in Oz but these are not really strictly enforced so provided everything is kosher and you have the points you should be in.

By the way, minor traffic infringements e.g. parking fines are not usually classified as 'criminal offences' in most countries. You do not have to declare them - if you've been to court and been convicted of drunken, reckless, negligent ...driving or something similar that is different

DPR
Old Feb 11th 2003, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to say that I asked my migration agent about speeding convictions (of which hubby and I have several!!) and he said that we needn't declare them.

Nicstids