Reload this Page >

Reasons For Poor Exchange Rates

Reasons For Poor Exchange Rates

Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default Reasons For Poor Exchange Rates

Hi
Can anyone give their opinions on why the exchange rate to Aus$ is so poor at the present time.
Could it be due to current events in the UK ??
I did hear that it was due to the large export of Iron Ore from Oz, is this true ??
I want to gain a background to the reason so as to plan ahead for money exchange, the rate is so bad at the moment, I don't want to buy now.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Dave
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:07 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reasons For Poor Exchange Rates

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi
Can anyone give their opinions on why the exchange rate to Aus$ is so poor at the present time.
I did hear that it was due to the large export of Iron Ore from Oz, is this true ??
I want to gain a background to the reason so as to plan ahead for money exchange, the rate is so bad at the moment, I don't want to buy now.

Dave
"When yer hot, yer hot and when yer not yer not."

Momentum Investing - what goes up attracts money and what goes down repels money - tidal waves of credit sloshing around the globe ready to drop on whichever roulette number seems hot.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Hi

Dave
Why do you think the rate is poor?
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Dave
It's not poor, it's just not as high as it has been . Do some research into the last 20 years, its been down below 1.5.....
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gjn200
It's not poor, it's just not as high as it has been . Do some research into the last 20 years, its been down below 1.5.....
tell me about it.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The exchange rate is pants because were close to going . As soon as we have gone and swapped our money the rate will shoot up