Reload this Page >

reasonable salary in Sydney

Wikiposts

reasonable salary in Sydney

Old May 18th 2004, 7:56 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default reasonable salary in Sydney

Anyone got an idea of what would be considered an average salary in the Sydney area?

cheers

Julian
Old May 18th 2004, 8:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: reasonable salary in Sydney

Originally posted by Mad as cheese
Anyone got an idea of what would be considered an average salary in the Sydney area?

cheers

Julian
Sydney is big. Which area as West North South and East vary a lot?
Old May 18th 2004, 8:07 pm
Top Banana

Originally posted by bondipom
Sydney is big. Which area as West North South and East vary a lot?

I'm going for an interview in the Waterloo area so I imagine living south west/west and I'm trying to get an idea of what a reasonable wage would be, although I hope the job would offer a better than average wage I just want an idea of what would be considered good living? I know it's a bit ambiguous but I'm starting from knowing nothing about the area cost of living etc.
Old May 18th 2004, 8:10 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going for an interview in the Waterloo area so I imagine living south east/east and I'm trying to get an idea of what a reasonable wage would be, although I hope the job would offer a better than average wage I just want an idea of what would be considered good living? I know it's a bit ambiguous but I'm starting from knowing nothing about the area cost of living etc.
$45,000 upwards is OK. Not great living but it all depends on the type of place you want to live. I live with my partner and we are both on a similiar wage and pay $300 a week in rent for a 2 bed unit. How do you earn your crust?
Old May 18th 2004, 8:41 pm
Top Banana

Originally posted by bondipom
$45,000 upwards is OK. Not great living but it all depends on the type of place you want to live. I live with my partner and we are both on a similiar wage and pay $300 a week in rent for a 2 bed unit. How do you earn your crust?
Implementing software systems, which gets a fair wage in the UK but not sure what it would get in Aus
Old May 18th 2004, 10:09 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Implementing software systems, which gets a fair wage in the UK but not sure what it would get in Aus
(Pricking up his ears...) can you be more specific? What kind of software, what kind of customer? And when you say "implementing", do you mean specifying, writing, installing, supporting... the whole caboodle perhaps?

Mark

P.S. what is a caboodle?
Old May 18th 2004, 10:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords

P.S. what is a caboodle?
Main Entry: ca·boo·dle
Pronunciation: k&-'bü-d&l
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from ca- (intensive prefix) + boodle
: COLLECTION, LOT <sell the whole caboodle>

Its something you often store with your kit .
Old May 18th 2004, 10:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

(Pricking up his ears...) can you be more specific? What kind of software, what kind of customer? And when you say "implementing", do you mean specifying, writing, installing, supporting... the whole caboodle perhaps?

Mark

P.S. what is a caboodle?

caboodle

\Ca*boo"dle\, n. The whole collection; the entire quantity or number; -- usually in the phrase the whole caboodle. [Slang, U.S.] --Bartlett.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
Old May 18th 2004, 10:32 pm
Class 2 Guru

Yes thank you soapy and MrsDagboy, very helpful I don't think. I meant what is/was it really? "The whole caboodle" and kit and caboodle" must have an origin of some kind, perhaps physical.

Mark
Old May 18th 2004, 10:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thank you soapy and MrsDagboy, very helpful I don't think. I meant what is/was it really? "The whole caboodle" and kit and caboodle" must have an origin of some kind, perhaps physical.

Mark
i knew what u meant, i was just rying to be funny
Old May 18th 2004, 10:45 pm
Top Banana

Mark

P.S. what is a caboodle?

Implementing MIS systems, installing, helping to write specs for bespoking, training and maintaining etc. Advising on building the tables and advising on the benefits and pitfalls of doing things certain ways against others. Also assesing needs etc.
Old May 18th 2004, 10:49 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by soapy
i knew what u meant, i was just rying to be funny
I knew you knew, I was just trying to be deadpan.

Apparently I succeeded!

Mark
Old May 18th 2004, 10:50 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

cheers

Julian

Put it another way i reckon that if you get 80-85% of your UK salary you will have done ok.... Plus i doubt you will notice a difference in your standard of living..

But then again that's just one opinion

Jonathan
Old May 18th 2004, 11:17 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried here http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/

You can do a regional breakdown % employment share but it doesnt give city specific info, or region specific salary info.

Might help to give a ballpark figure though.
Old May 19th 2004, 12:48 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by jjonboy
Put it another way i reckon that if you get 80-85% of your UK salary you will have done ok.... Plus i doubt you will notice a difference in your standard of living..
I think that's about right in both respects.

Bear in mind "super", though. (Superannuation... not sure what it covers, is that like National Insurance and state pension contributions combined?) Salaries might be quoted inclusive or exclusive of super, and since it's, um, 10-ish%? it can make a big difference! (I'm sure lots of people who are actually already employed in Oz can clear up my uncertainty here!)

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.