Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Proce for Solicitor signing documents

Reasonable Proce for Solicitor signing documents

Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future
Default Reasonable Proce for Solicitor signing documents

Hi,
I need copies of some certificates signing for my ACS application by a solicitor but I wondered before I start ringing round what is a reasonlable charge for this service?
Thanks
Dave
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasonable Proce for Solicitor signing documents

It really can vary a lot and sometimes depends where you live, in london it would be expensive for instance. My solicitor charged me £10 a page which was a bit pricey, I probably could have got £5 a page if I had gone a bit more out of my way, but this was convenient. Thankfully only had few pages!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chipster
Hi,
I need copies of some certificates signing for my ACS application by a solicitor but I wondered before I start ringing round what is a reasonlable charge for this service?
Thanks
Dave
We had 25 documents certified. Had to send them to ANMC and QNC and all our solicitor charged me was 30 Pounds (I can't do a pound sign on my comp?)
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant futureChipster has a brilliant future

Thanks, that gives me some guidelines.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:54 pm
J.P
Just Joined

J.P will become famous soon enough

Not a bad price.

I can give you an example, although not related to immigration.

For a travel doc to be certified a solicitor charged my sister £50 for a stamp and a signature, 1 paper only.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chipster
Hi,
Thanks
Dave
Have a look around. At first I was being quoted around 120 - 150 pounds so when he said 30, I ran around there within the hour before he changed his mind. personally I think he defo undercharged me
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

We paid a fiver for a sheet but the solicitor only charged us 30 quid for them all as we had so many.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Does it have to be a solicitor?

I went to the local court and got about 30 documents signed by the Justice of the Peace for £5, just need to book an appointment and go along with your pile of documents - it may have gone up now as this was a few years ago x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Does it have to be a solicitor?
It can be:-
- A solicitor, or
- A Notary Public, or
- A person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations, or
- An officer of an Australian Overseas Diplomatic Post
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Well if it is certifying documents go the the courts and it will save you a fortune, loads of people on here have done it, just make an appointment first and tell them what it is for.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future

We paid £90 in Blackpool for about 20 sheets which we thought was quite good as there wasn't another one around for a good few miles so he could have charged whatever he wanted.

Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice

I used browell smith and co (don't know if they are only local though?)

charged me £10 for approx 8 documents - bargain!!!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid my solicitor a bottle of whiskey for mine. He is a good friend though
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I paid my solicitor a bottle of whiskey for mine. He is a good friend though
We paid £2.50 per page in Leicester
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Originally Posted by wilson01
We had 25 documents certified. Had to send them to ANMC and QNC and all our solicitor charged me was 30 Pounds (I can't do a pound sign on my comp?)
Wilson, hold down the Alt key then on the number pad (NOT the numbers along the top) type the numbers 0163 then let go of the Alt key, this will give you a £

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.