Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Really struggling with heat in Perth

Wikiposts

Really struggling with heat in Perth

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really struggling with heat in Perth

Before buying, dont forget you can rent portable air con units to. I rented one which was quite large and had a pipe that went to a palle that you wedged in your window.

Perhaps worth doing to try one out before you buy. unfortunately mine broke and they brought out anout unit which failed, then another unit which failed. So after 3 failures I told them to forget it, this may have just been a bad company so hopefully wouldnt happen to you !
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I need to buy some, I don't know where to buy it in Perth.

Its great for repelling mozzies and even mozzie bites.

I remember having a bugger of a migraine when I was in Bangkok and I rubbed Tiger Balm on the back of my neck, my temples and forehead, my god that gave me some relief.

Fabulous stuff, I must try and find some in Perth.
I used get this from any Red Dot shop.
Most chemists sell it but Red Dot was a lot cheaper.

Cheers,
Dennis
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noocat
That sounds like portable evaporative cooling. It makes some difference but it's not great. A proper portable aircon unit is better, but it also costs more and not so great for the environment...
Thanks - wasn't sure if the box option was the same as the portable ac people were talking about.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Not just men, I have a painful and rather vivid memory of being in Thailand and forgetting to wash my hands - burnt my liquorice I did and by jove did I scream.
<Gets a chair - sits down and waits for next installment...>
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:27 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Thanks - wasn't sure if the box option was the same as the portable ac people were talking about.

<Gets a chair - sits down and waits for next installment...>
Well what happened was I had been to the Ladyboy bar in Patong and had got a dreadful migraine.

When we got back to the room I had rubbed the red tiger balm - extra super dooper strong stuff on the back of my neck and temples after my shower.

Not even thinking I went to the toilet and wet my whistle, dried my flute and Jesus Christ nearly burnt it off.

I can only describe it as I would imagine someone pouring caustic soda onto my ladygarden - although that has never happened but thats how I imagine it.

There I was starkers, running round the room screaming my head off with a flannel on my garden trying to soothe it - with my migraine even worse and Mr PP wondering what the fuss was about.

So really, please wash your hands thoroughly after toughing such stuff.

People could die.