Wikiposts

Really fed up

Old May 9th 2004, 12:44 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We lost 6k nz dollars exchanged the day before exchange rates soared and I have just had another look and we would have got 12k more at todays rate :scared:
Am wishing I hadnt read this thread
Old May 9th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am wishing we hadn't exchanged our money 5 months ago it was 2.3 something them and really crap!

You win some you lose some, no point getting peeved about it, just think at least you are coming out here to live!!
Old May 9th 2004, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cheer up peeps, once you have exchanged its best not to look for a while, that aussie dollar is a hard one to pick at the best of times, look at all the financial forcasters they all had it going up! If they cant get it right how can we mere mortals be expected to.
Just read on Yahoo ( I think) the OZ government may step in and prop it up. All I know is I could kick my husband I wanted him to buy a little flat in the UK so my son has somewhere to go back to, now that same flat would cost us about $50,000 more just 3 months later currency wise, and the flats probably gone up too.
Old May 9th 2004, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Really fed up

Originally posted by debsy
Oh dear I am really fed up as I exchanged all my sterling on friday with what I thought was good rate. I am sure that the rate is going to rocket now and I am going to be really pd off now.

Never act in haste

Debsy - at least now you have converted it can be a weight of your mind - and 2.50 isn't a bad rate really.
Think of the people who are greedy and will wait for 2.70 and if it gets there wait for 2.80 and end up missing it on the way down and exchanging at 2.40.
You set a target and achieved it.

Also you will earn a better interest rate on A$ than £, and you may still have £ pension assets you can convert later.

And remember - it's only money
Old May 9th 2004, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We watched the whole time we were applying about 2.7 then as the house went on the market 2.5 and by the time we left 2.3.
Now we are here and our money is in dollars it is on its way back up.
All a very risky business and upsetting when you think of what you might of had, but we didn't so we have to be satisfied and not worry about it too much.

Whisky
Old May 9th 2004, 11:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
We watched the whole time we were applying about 2.7 then as the house went on the market 2.5 and by the time we left 2.3.
Whisky
Same as

Changed our last bit last week too
Old May 9th 2004, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

You are right Whisky. I am ok now as at least I have not got the stress of worrying about it anymore. It is in a high deposit account offshore until we go in September. The interest we get is great so that makes up for it.

I feel so sorry for those poor so*ds that exchanged at 2.35.

Have a nice day.
Old May 9th 2004, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I was one of those poor sods

Whisky
Old May 9th 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I was one of those poor sods

Whisky
Whisky when you come to visit your sister on the Gold Coast I will take you for lunch
Old May 9th 2004, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

All a very risky business and upsetting when you think of what you might of had, but we didn't so we have to be satisfied and not worry about it too much.

Whisky

Agree its risky, its horrible to think of how much people who changed recently would have lost if they now try to change back again. Might be best not to look for a while, whats done is done. But if all these posts on housing going backwards, (although that depends on area), and the dollar dropping so drastically are to be correct it make me wonder whats in store job wise, economy wise for OZ? :scared: