sport on TV

Old May 9th 2004, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Evelynandco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sport on TV

Hi all , Alot of people say that its the small things that you miss most once you have moved to Oz , i was just wondering how good is the coverage of UK sport is ? Premiership football and Formula One are interests of mine , have they good coverage ? ie. live games / races ?
Thanks for any comments ,

Jim
Old May 9th 2004, 6:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: sport on TV

Originally posted by Evelynandco
Hi all , Alot of people say that its the small things that you miss most once you have moved to Oz , i was just wondering how good is the coverage of UK sport is ? Premiership football and Formula One are interests of mine , have they good coverage ? ie. live games / races ?

Jim

The below is the main sports channel on 'Sky' (Fox). Foxtel are also going digital at the moment, so possibly they'll be more choice then.
http://www.foxtel.com.au/channel/sport.html

Rugby/AFL/cricket are the main sports shown on free-to-air tv I think. Soccer is shown on one of the channels every week as well. Formula One I think you can find on as well every other week when its on, since they obviously have Melbourne and so their own following as well.

Old May 9th 2004, 9:12 pm
PommieLeague

Just make sure you take in the Telstra Premiership Rugby League games on Channel 9 at weekends, and you'll be hooked on the greatest game!

Old May 9th 2004, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Evelynandco is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't quite the premiership i was thinking about , but hey , when in Rome !
Old May 9th 2004, 9:16 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

f7789887!n foxtel have the Euro Championships. Oh well a month spending all night in pubs.
Old May 9th 2004, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Formula One coverage is sh**. Its on Channel 10, but the only one they show live is the Aussie one, the rest are delayed, sometimes but 8 hours, which is really annoying as by then theres a good chance you've seen the result on the news on the same channel!
I've resorted BBC Radio 5 on the computer, at least its live.
They use the ITV pictures, and most of the IYV commentary, but its interspersed with meaningless drivel from 2 Aussie commentators.
Problem is that the Aussies, being fairly insular, only like racing if its V8s, cos thats an Aussie series!!
Old May 9th 2004, 9:23 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default palace

Originally posted by bondipom
f7789887!n foxtel have the Euro Championships. Oh well a month spending all night in pubs.
sorry for the hijack this is for bp

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=202349
Old May 9th 2004, 9:38 pm

Default Re: palace

Originally posted by wengerboy
sorry for the hijack this is for bp

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=202349
Hopefull the loss will help them prepare for the play offs

Cheers Wenger,
Old May 10th 2004, 10:02 am

I see Ian Dowie is not looking any prettier at reaching the playoffs
Old May 10th 2004, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Cestrian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sport on TV

Originally posted by Evelynandco

Jim
Premiership soccer is shown on SBS (probably the best free to air channel IMHO).