Really fed up

Old May 9th 2004, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Unhappy Really fed up

Oh dear I am really fed up as I exchanged all my sterling on friday with what I thought was good rate. I am sure that the rate is going to rocket now and I am going to be really pd off now.

Never act in haste
Old May 9th 2004, 5:57 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Really fed up

Originally posted by debsy
Oh dear I am really fed up as I exchanged all my sterling on friday with what I thought was good rate. I am sure that the rate is going to rocket now and I am going to be really pd off now.

Never act in haste
Or repent at leisure....

You did the right thing Debsy

You never know which way its gonna go and at least you got a good rate compared to some

Be at piece that you did your best my friend

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 9th 2004, 6:00 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Never act in haste

Like Pheonix says, you've got a good rate, it could have been a lot worse if you'd done it earlier (or even in a few days time) you just cant tell.

If I were you, I'd stop looking at exchange rates and start looking at places to visit once you get to OZ
Old May 9th 2004, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by mlbonner
Like Pheonix says, you've got a good rate, it could have been a lot worse if you'd done it earlier (or even in a few days time) you just cant tell.

If I were you, I'd stop looking at exchange rates and start looking at places to visit once you get to OZ
Thanks mates
At least I have stuck in a high interest tax free account

Mlb thanks you are a pal - you were with me all the way. and Phoenix - better book those seats in Starbucks mate - make sure they are comfy

Still looking for places for a stopover. We have got an 8 hour wait in Dubai for our flight to Bris via Singapore so they will give us a hotel but that could be another alternative for us - any thoughts?
Old May 9th 2004, 6:09 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks mates

Mlb thanks you are a pal - you were with me all the way. and Phoenix - better book those seats in Starbucks mate - make sure they are comfy

Still looking for places for a stopover. We have got an 8 hour wait in Dubai for our flight to Bris via Singapore so they will give us a hotel but that could be another alternative for us - any thoughts?

Not a problem

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Starbucks, if you're going to the Gold Coast do you mean the one in Surfers?? They just don't have as many of these around as they should over there!

Do you not fancy a look round Dubai at all???
Old May 9th 2004, 6:12 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

You got a great rate debsy! I got 2.4 to the £ and ok i've lost quite abit, but at the time it was the best it had been for 6 mths or so.

all the best plum

PS i'm not bitter!!!!!
Old May 9th 2004, 6:18 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Phoenix - better book those seats in Starbucks mate - make sure they are comfy
They're booked already!!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 9th 2004, 6:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mates
In that case Debsy, think of the interest that you wouldn't have made if you'd kept your money 'til Sept waiting for a better rate. Swings and roundabouts an' all that
Old May 9th 2004, 6:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

C'est la vie. *****ed if you do it, double *****ed if you don't.
Old May 9th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
C'est la vie. *****ed if you do it, double *****ed if you don't.
at least I have got you lot to cheer me up
Old May 9th 2004, 7:40 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I'm a bit basic tonite, mystic Don will answer your queries...
Old May 9th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Never act in haste
Awww Debsy... don't think about what might have been, think about all the exciting stuff which is just around the corner! I don't envy having to make that decision... we will have to change our money for the bond soon, so we have to hang on and anything could happen! (No point in doing it now, incase there's a problem with the application... hope not!)
Old May 9th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
Awww Debsy... don't think about what might have been, think about all the exciting stuff which is just around the corner! I don't envy having to make that decision... we will have to change our money for the bond soon, so we have to hang on and anything could happen! (No point in doing it now, incase there's a problem with the application... hope not!)
I had forgotten about the money we exchanged for the bond - we got a reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy crap rate for that
Old May 9th 2004, 8:14 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

I had forgotten about the money we exchanged for the bond - we got a reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy crap rate for that
Debsy if its any consolation, we sold on friday also, it may go up, it may go down but we decided what we would be happy with and then went for it, we are hoping to be over there in august and we were ready to sell,money was sitting in the bank over here doing nowt! You will see its going to crash now, going down as we speak (ha ha).

Lisa x
Old May 9th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Debsy if its any consolation, we sold on friday also, it may go up, it may go down but we decided what we would be happy with and then went for it, we are hoping to be over there in august and we were ready to sell,money was sitting in the bank over here doing nowt! You will see its going to crash now, going down as we speak (ha ha).

Lisa x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.