British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   real estate websites? looking for a house (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/real-estate-websites-looking-house-503462/)

dave99 Jan 4th 2008 6:51 am

real estate websites? looking for a house

Does anyone know of other places I could look for a new house to rent other than domain.com and realestate.com I am really struggling to find anything on them

thanks

gillysm Jan 4th 2008 7:01 am

Re: real estate websites? looking for a house

Originally Posted by dave99 (Post 5737324)
Does anyone know of other places I could look for a new house to rent other than domain.com and realestate.com I am really struggling to find anything on them

thanks

There's quite a few smaller ones on google, but the 2 you mention are definately the largest. Also, the agents often have their own websites - you would need to find out who is in the area you are looking in and find out their web addys. Where are you looking?

Mrs Jackaroo Jan 4th 2008 7:07 am

thanks

I think any other smaller sites you find would only be a scaled down version of those sites anyway - listing the same properties.

Heres a website I put together which lists a couple of different sites - but whether or not they'd show you anything new I dont know - hope so :)

http://www.shopsinoz.com/realestate.html

Where are you looking?

Rach

ianhutch1 Jan 4th 2008 7:08 am

aussiehome is a good one :)

chels Jan 4th 2008 7:14 am

thanks

Because there's a high demand for rentals in most cities at the moment, a lot of places don't even get advertised online. I used to find the best way to find out about rentals was to phone up real estate agents on Friday and ask what was open for inspection on Saturday.

quoll Jan 4th 2008 7:42 am

For ACT and southern NSW try allhomes.com.au

Geelong Gent Jan 4th 2008 8:30 am

thanks

Try the gum tree

sammyg Jan 4th 2008 8:36 am

for qld there's

www.seqrents.com.au

dave99 Jan 4th 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for the responses all, I am looking for somewhere in Perth. I work in the CBD and have been trying to find something fairly close but every house is either to small or to expensive. If I go very far out to somewhere like clarkson (last stop on the train line!) I can get a lovely place for a nice price

I guess I am trying to find a nice balance of cost and size within a resonable distance, feels like misson impossible at the minute !:rofl:

northernbird Jan 4th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by dave99 (Post 5738055)
Thanks for the responses all, I am looking for somewhere in Perth. I work in the CBD and have been trying to find something fairly close but every house is either to small or to expensive. If I go very far out to somewhere like clarkson (last stop on the train line!) I can get a lovely place for a nice price

I guess I am trying to find a nice balance of cost and size within a resonable distance, feels like misson impossible at the minute !:rofl:

Get the West on a Saturday, has great real estate listings.

Phoenix Jan 4th 2008 2:04 pm

Why not target all the real estate agents close to areas you want to live - google agents and just spend some time emailing or calling them. Give them your requirements and let them do the work?