Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

real estate websites? looking for a house

real estate websites? looking for a house

Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default real estate websites? looking for a house

Does anyone know of other places I could look for a new house to rent other than domain.com and realestate.com I am really struggling to find anything on them

thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: real estate websites? looking for a house

Originally Posted by dave99
Does anyone know of other places I could look for a new house to rent other than domain.com and realestate.com I am really struggling to find anything on them

thanks
There's quite a few smaller ones on google, but the 2 you mention are definately the largest. Also, the agents often have their own websites - you would need to find out who is in the area you are looking in and find out their web addys. Where are you looking?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:07 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
I think any other smaller sites you find would only be a scaled down version of those sites anyway - listing the same properties.

Heres a website I put together which lists a couple of different sites - but whether or not they'd show you anything new I dont know - hope so

http://www.shopsinoz.com/realestate.html

Where are you looking?

Rach
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

aussiehome is a good one
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:14 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Because there's a high demand for rentals in most cities at the moment, a lot of places don't even get advertised online. I used to find the best way to find out about rentals was to phone up real estate agents on Friday and ask what was open for inspection on Saturday.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

For ACT and southern NSW try allhomes.com.au

Last edited by quoll; Jan 4th 2008 at 7:47 am.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:30 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Try the gum tree
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

for qld there's

www.seqrents.com.au
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses all, I am looking for somewhere in Perth. I work in the CBD and have been trying to find something fairly close but every house is either to small or to expensive. If I go very far out to somewhere like clarkson (last stop on the train line!) I can get a lovely place for a nice price

I guess I am trying to find a nice balance of cost and size within a resonable distance, feels like misson impossible at the minute !
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses all, I am looking for somewhere in Perth. I work in the CBD and have been trying to find something fairly close but every house is either to small or to expensive. If I go very far out to somewhere like clarkson (last stop on the train line!) I can get a lovely place for a nice price

I guess I am trying to find a nice balance of cost and size within a resonable distance, feels like misson impossible at the minute !
Get the West on a Saturday, has great real estate listings.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Why not target all the real estate agents close to areas you want to live - google agents and just spend some time emailing or calling them. Give them your requirements and let them do the work?