Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real Estate agent wants to kill me.

Real Estate agent wants to kill me.

Old Sep 8th 2003, 3:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Crikey, can they do that, with all these privacy laws??

Tell them you will sell if they can find you a vacant block of land, most of them have none to sell, perhaps that will stop them, am trying it myself this afternoon. Find me a beachfront block for under 3 million that should stump them for a while.
well they did it... it's a real photo, laminated onto a calendar.. this was the first week which we moved in as well. I thought Jeepers .. we've only just put up the mail box!
It irked me, Hubby no, he thought it was nice to get something for free. .. bless him. Thank gawd he's got a pit pull to see them off (me ..lol)

I was reading in the local quest paper here. There are hardly any listings.. nobody is selling around here. The real estate agents are having huge probs... they have investors from Sydney and Melbourne itching to buy properties in the area. There are not enough homes for sale.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Is this the same house you sold in August within 2 hours or a different one. Sounds to me like you are a property speculator.

If you think property has not yet topped out why are you selling all these houses, surely if you think property is still appreciating you would want to hang onto them as long as possible to maxamise the capital gain.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Is this the same house you sold in August within 2 hours or a different one. Sounds to me like you are a property speculator.

If you think property has not yet topped out why are you selling all these houses, surely if you think property is still appreciating you would want to hang onto them as long as possible to maxamise the capital gain.
I am selling my property because I intend to return to the UK.

I am also hedging my bets on the currency, its not bad at the moment, so I may exchange some buckeroos up now in case it drops later. Dollar averaging Verses Oh my God why did I not change then.

Property is still going up, however if my tenants leave it is a good time to sell. Sell now and pick up a little something or other while on my hols in the UK.

Interrogation over.

Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Talk of the devil, she just turned up again to tell me of a house that's perfect for me & she'll take me to see it asap - even though the poor lady whose house it is hasn't made up her mind yet whether she wants to sell!!
Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:24 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Loopy
Talk of the devil, she just turned up again to tell me of a house that's perfect for me & she'll take me to see it asap - even though the poor lady whose house it is hasn't made up her mind yet whether she wants to sell!!
They have been known to badger old people into selling. Where I last lived (Redcliffe) there was one old bloke that had real estate agents basically pressurising him into selling (he was in his late 80's)... the son went up the wall when he found out. The poor old bloke had basically real estate agents camping out on his door, they would have if they could!.They were around at his house each day, trying to talk him into selling .. and you know old folk, they are too polite usually to say b*gger off. He was at his wits end.

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:33 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
I am selling my property because I intend to return to the UK.

I am also hedging my bets on the currency, its not bad at the moment, so I may exchange some buckeroos up now in case it drops later. Dollar averaging Verses Oh my God why did I not change then.

Property is still going up, however if my tenants leave it is a good time to sell. Sell now and pick up a little something or other while on my hols in the UK.

Interrogation over.

Your Blonde i,m led to believe , sounds like "Dumb &Dumber" ...what comes around goe,s around......... MM
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, real estate agents are right up there with used car salesmen when it comes to ethics. The only way they make money is to sell and they operate purely in their own interests.

My in-laws live in a very desirable area of Canberra. They are pestered by real estate agents every day of the week who promise them outrageous amounts if they sell. My in laws want to sell but have nothing to move to. Have told RE what they want, but these idiots insist of showing these 80 yos flats on the 3rd floor with 50 stairs and no elevators and totally not fitting the description of what they want.

A good way to sell is as someone mentioned, do an auction, but set a reserve so if you don't get what you want you are not obliged to go thru with it.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Real Estate agent wants to kill me.

Originally posted by owieb
Thanks for that dotty.

I've heard that once an offer is put it it's legal binding, though that may only be applicable in WA. But I guess if you never accepted the offer then you can do what you want.
Anyone can put an offer in, but the seller does not have to accept it. It is not until both parties have accepted the price and signed all the documents that it is legally binding.