Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ready to celebrate??? Get your bubbly at Asda..

Ready to celebrate??? Get your bubbly at Asda..

Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:49 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ready to celebrate??? Get your bubbly at Asda..

Hi everyone,
Popped into Asda today to pick a few things up and ended up with a few very nice bottles of bubbly for when the time comes. They have all their bubbly on offer, quite big savings on some brands too. I don't work for Asda by the way, just trying to be helpful.
Sarah
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:01 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to celebrate??? Get your bubbly at Asda..

Originally Posted by teach
Hi everyone,
Popped into Asda today to pick a few things up and ended up with a few very nice bottles of bubbly for when the time comes. They have all their bubbly on offer, quite big savings on some brands too. I don't work for Asda by the way, just trying to be helpful.
Sarah
ooer!! Might have to pay Adsa a visit tomorrow!!!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone,
Sarah
Sarah,
Moonlighting at ASDA now. Dont they pay you enough as a Teacher, or is it the half term bordom setting in.

Hope your keeping well
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:04 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I noticed the cheap bubbly in Asda too but didn't wanna tempt fate by buying it before the house contracts are exchanged!!!

Hope they still have the offer on at the the end of next week!!!!!

Speak to you soon.

Shell
xxx
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:19 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Sarah,
Moonlighting at ASDA now. Dont they pay you enough as a Teacher, or is it the half term bordom setting in.

Hope your keeping well
Hiya Chris,
I hate the fact your wife is a teacher and you can read me like a book, lol.
I was using avoidance tactics, so I drove to Cardiff Asda so I could get out of planning for a while. I didn't do anymore yesterday as I bought a book, pmsl. Will get it all finished today as Andrew is off for the weekend.
Sarah
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:21 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Sarah,

I noticed the cheap bubbly in Asda too but didn't wanna tempt fate by buying it before the house contracts are exchanged!!!

Hope they still have the offer on at the the end of next week!!!!!

Speak to you soon.

Shell
xxx
Hiya Shell,
Our visa and your house exchange will be at the same time so I'll bring a bottle over. Have 5 bottles in now, lol. 1 we already had and 4 I bought yesterday. I'm not really a p***head, honest.
Sarah
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:23 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Buy Spanish Cava rather than champagne is my suggestion. It is just them same except they aren't allowed to use the French Champagne name (and gives me less gas too ) Tesco were doing 2 for £5 at Xmas.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:21 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by worzel
Buy Spanish Cava rather than champagne is my suggestion. It is just them same except they aren't allowed to use the French Champagne name (and gives me less gas too ) Tesco were doing 2 for £5 at Xmas.

Hey worzel,
I bought a few bottles of Cava for the s*** heads at school. There are one or two nice ones who'd I'd share a drink with but on the whole they are all two faced. I think the Cava was something like £2.44, cheap enough for them lol.
Sarah
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Sarah
hey teach, u don't know what words like Asda, Marks an spencer and Tesco does to a girl out here lol, I nearly had an O&^%$%^ just reading those words lol.

Appreciate what you've got for the time you have in the UK!, trust me. Take care Cal.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:50 pm
Professional Princess

Talking of Asda, I have just come back from there to get juice for work.

There are always feral children in Asda or at least our Asda.

Two fat women in leggings, one wearing white leggings (dear god no) and you could see her pants and a gusset you could go surfing on.

Her other friend had a skin tight black pair, with chunky socks and trainers and a sports top, and enormous boobs jiggling about and fighting for space inside her top.

The kids were sprawled out on the floor kicking various bottles of water and not letting me or anyone else get by.

I prayed so hard that the large cartons of apple juice would fall on his head as he was angrily aiming his legs at anyone going by.

The parents just ignored it, they were busy texting on their phone.

I wanted to play skittles with these kids and see how far they could slide down the ailes.

Anyway, five minutes later, lady with tight white leggings resembling a new sanitary towel, had dragged 'Keanu' up by his ear and pulled him out of the way.

Hmm, nice.

But I never saw any champagne, they must have sold out.

Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Talking of Asda, I have just come back from there to get juice for work.

There are always feral children in Asda or at least our Asda.

Two fat women in leggings, one wearing white leggings (dear god no) and you could see her pants and a gusset you could go surfing on.

Her other friend had a skin tight black pair, with chunky socks and trainers and a sports top, and enormous boobs jiggling about and fighting for space inside her top.

The kids were sprawled out on the floor kicking various bottles of water and not letting me or anyone else get by.

I prayed so hard that the large cartons of apple juice would fall on his head as he was angrily aiming his legs at anyone going by.

The parents just ignored it, they were busy texting on their phone.

I wanted to play skittles with these kids and see how far they could slide down the ailes.

Anyway, five minutes later, lady with tight white leggings resembling a new sanitary towel, had dragged 'Keanu' up by his ear and pulled him out of the way.

Hmm, nice.

But I never saw any champagne, they must have sold out.
well hey girl that was me in the white leggings and my bestest friend Julie in the black ones, so ya didna reckognise me, well, I'm so offended lol. Get the bubbly in girl!!! take care Cal.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:11 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by jack27
well hey girl that was me in the white leggings and my bestest friend Julie in the black ones, so ya didna reckognise me, well, I'm so offended lol. Get the bubbly in girl!!! take care Cal.

That was so not your large expanse of gusset!

Large gussets really ought to be illegal.

They make them huge these days.

Yay for thongs!

Anyway, back to champagne. I could do with some.

Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:14 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Sam it was me I was in Asda today clearing the shelves of Lanson Black Label
Our Asda is always full of feral extremely snotty nosed kids with names such as Aleeeeeesha or Destinee....imagine that screamed with a pompey accent!!!
Usually the mother has at least 2 or 3 of these little darlings with her. The mum has the usual attire of skanky chocolate stained (I'm assuming ) velvet jogging bottoms on, with customary cheese wire sticking out the top.

Ours also has its fair share of smelly old folk in those electric wheelchairs....the sort that when they 'drive' past you, you hold your breath...
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:18 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by artep
Sorry Sam it was me I was in Asda today clearing the shelves of Lanson Black Label
Our Asda is always full of feral extremely snotty nosed kids with names such as Aleeeeeesha or Destinee....imagine that screamed with a pompey accent!!!
Usually the mother has at least 2 or 3 of these little darlings with her. The mum has the usual attire of skanky chocolate stained (I'm assuming ) velvet jogging bottoms on, with customary cheese wire sticking out the top.

Ours also has its fair share of smelly old folk in those electric wheelchairs....the sort that when they 'drive' past you, you hold your breath...

Oh they have those electric chair thingies in Asda and they are FREE!

I want to go in one to do my shopping but my pal wont let me. Im not scared you know, if someone was willing to come in with me, I would use one.

I would speed round there. Even the old people are too embarrassed to use them.

They shouldnt put them there if they dont want people to use them should they?

Im tempted you know, and I shall buy some big knickers with a gusset you could lie down on.

Whoever thought of the word gusset anyway?

Oh god, you can tell its nearly 5pm on a Friday.

Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:25 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Oh they have those electric chair thingies in Asda and they are FREE!

eew...make sure you take something to sit on first tho....you never know who's pissed in it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.