Reload this Page >

Re Plumbing Licences

Re Plumbing Licences

Old Sep 5th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

ali2go2qld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re Plumbing Licences

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone can help me.I applied for a Provisional plumbing licence with me having my NVQ Level 2 and having 3 and half years experience,I got refused it.I was just wondering if anyone could perhaps tell me why?Also I was just wondering what other options I have regarding trying to work in the industry out there.Like can I work as a labour to a plumber to gain experience,and genral other alteratives I can do!!

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks Alistair
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

exsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to allexsquaddie is a name known to all
Default Re: Re Plumbing Licences

Originally Posted by ali2go2qld
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone can help me.I applied for a Provisional plumbing licence with me having my NVQ Level 2 and having 3 and half years experience,I got refused it.I was just wondering if anyone could perhaps tell me why?Also I was just wondering what other options I have regarding trying to work in the industry out there.Like can I work as a labour to a plumber to gain experience,and genral other alteratives I can do!!

Thanks Alistair
Hey mate

I think they have changed the goal posts recently I'm afraid. If you have the 6029 certificate City and Guilds only then they may not grant you a provisional licence. You need the next level certificate aswell now. Plus relevant experience.

The only way you will get into the industry down here if you havent already got a licence is by finding a plumber or company that will take you on as an apprentice (trust me they do things the hard way). Even though you have some experience its all about getting on an apprenticeship. As for being taken on as a labourer don't bother trying all the employers make more money from employing apprentices from the governmnet incentives and they dont have to pay you the minimum legal wage sadly

Its not as easy as it use to be I'm afraid as the Aus Government are concentrating on getting the School leavers into trades.

Good timing with your question just wrote a thread on this subject have a look at my Oz Apprenticeship thread for more info and good luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683317
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

From what I am led to believe you will only need you own full license if you intend on working for yourself. If you work for someone else you should be ok. I work in the building game and got my full contractors license and have never used it. When you get here there are government schemes to get qualifications recognised.
I would suggest contacting Master Builders and see how you go. They seemed to have the answer for every question I ever asked and put me onto a company called Australian Construction Training Services.

Through ACTS I got Australian recognised qualifications and in turn got my BSA licenses. Cost me $495.00 to get Certificate Level 3 in 2 classes.

Not saying it will be the same for you but I would give them a go and see where it takes you. Every house and building in Australia has got a tap and a toilet so it cant be that hard.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

ali2go2qld is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks everyone
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Ronnie9898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali2go2qld
Hi Everyone

Thanks Alistair
Im a Plumber and been here 10mths in VIC, I have more certificates than you can imagine and they have still made me jumo through hoops, Bring your certificates with you and go and see what you can get, you should be able to get a provisional and get on a course, you have to pass the course within 12mths to get registration then another course for licensing and more exams and some more exams and so on! This is not a wind up, ive just passed my exams and filled my license form out 1hr ago, when you speak to PIC here they havnt got a clue so you need to go down and get a interveiw, Queensland is alot better. PS I will be off to queensland as soon as my 2yrs here are up.

And yes you do need full registration to stick half a chance of a job but most good jobs want a license I was just lucky.

Email me if you need tel numbers or more info but again I wouldnt come to melbourne!