RE Kids view

Old Jan 9th 2003, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up A Forum for Kids,re Kids view

I think we should have a page for all the children for their questions about new schools,making friends, leaving family behind,e.t.c.

It was great to read about the childrens hopes and fears .

I have an 11 year old boy who don't want to go and will not even talk about moving to OZ and seems to think that he will be staying here with his granny !, and a 9 year old boy that want's to go.
So if I can get him on the computer and talk to other children that are also going to Australia he may then realise that he is not the only child ever to leave his family, friends, school e.t.c.

So let's have a page just for them!!!

Anyone agree?

Sue

Last edited by sue5665; Jan 9th 2003 at 2:28 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2003, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RE Kids view

I agree, a kids forum!!!

Mash..
Originally posted by sue5665
I think we should have a page for all the children for their questions about new schools,making friends, leaving family behind,e.t.c.

I have an 11 year old boy who don't want to go and will not even talk about moving to OZ and seems to think that he will be staying here with his granny !, and a 9 year old boy that want's to go.
So if I can get him on the computer and talk to other children that are also going to Australia he may then realise that he is not the only child ever to leave his family, friends, school e.t.c.

Anyone agree?

Sue
Old Jan 9th 2003, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully

Thanks Mash,

That was a quick reply.
How is it all going?
Sue
Old Jan 9th 2003, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mash,

That was a quick reply.
How is it all going?
Sue

hi sue,
i went to chat there to talk to you but ended up talking to someone else, which was good too. i'd never been there before!! anyway i totally agree with you about the kids forum . our little girl katie put a message on looking for info about nz and was really pleased to get areply. i think the more they are in volved in the process the easier for them in the long run.
talk again soon
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Forum for Kids,re Kids view

Anyone agree?

Sue
Great idea Sue. I also have an 11 year old son, who has similar reservations, I am sure he would love to get in touch with your son,

Nicki
Old Jan 9th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I have a 12 yr old Son who would love to share his thoughts, he is really keen to go as he is obsessed with reptiles! Maybe he could persuade your two along a bit?!

Tina
Old Jan 10th 2003, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Default set atime for chat room.

Hi Nicki & Tina,
It would be great if we could get our kid's to talk to each other,I have spoken to my son and if we set a time when they can go into the chat room perhaps they can all have a natter??

Sue
Old Jan 10th 2003, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good idea, I will speak to him tonight and find out what time over the Weekend he can talk.