Reload this Page >

Re: High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

Re: High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

Originally Posted by wmoore
Care to reveal your sources? If what you said here can be proved, then the Tories would be armed to the teeth come the next election with stats like that. Or perhaps this is just the impression you get from reading newspaper stories?

Can I expect to see some evidence to back this rant up or should I just delete the post now?

feel free to delete the post, its a personal opinion from reading -
daily mail, daily mirror, the sun, the sunday times every day/week
also by watching the news the figure can be obtained

now, the 80% is a personal opinion, BUT, the point is here that immigrants form a perversley disproportionate percentage of overall crime statistics

.....of course, in any country, due to environmental and cultural barriers, immigrants will have difficulty integrating, thus a moderatley higher crime rate can be expected compared to the indigenous populace,

however, in the UK, where "UK-ism" is effectivley banned by local and national government, immigrants are NOT, and are positivley discouraged to integrate.

when integration with general culture is not achieved, observation and following of the laws of that culture are not considered a priority,

when an indigenous person sees an 'immigrant' driving a flash car, or getting a new washing machine, or in general having something 'better' than they have, this breeds mistrust, and creates ignorance, which festers as racism, hatred and further segregates the two cultures, the immigrants and the indigenous.

now when such a gulf exists, the immigrants see no problems with commiting crimes against the nasty indigenous population.

in the UK, this gulf is nurtured by government, the mess of asylum is why the immigrants are hated by most, and thus why the crime figures are so high for immigrants.

the government should handle things better and acted in what would be considered a 'racist' manner by

- barring ALL immigrants from entering the country,
- possibly by creating some form of large, sealed 'prison camp' for those without documents, either on or off UK mainland
- returning ANY non UK resident thats 'ill' to their home country
- FORCING ALL immigrants that enter the country to pass a basic test on the culture and functional english speaking ability

by removing the benefit of coming here (free health care and housing) TOTALLY, no-one will come here, its simple

in some areas of the country 7 in 10 newborns are not by UK people, the non UK people will account for just 10-20& of the population

what did longshanks once say?, "if we can't wipe them out, we'll breed them out"

now, legal immigrants are another matter, they contribute.
illegal immigrants for WHATEVER reason are a drag. at some time you HAVE to stop people getting on the lifeboat or it'll sink,

there comes a point where just one more person rescued will capsise the boat and put EVERYONE at risk, and unfortunatley that time for the UK passed some while back

http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&userid=bleugh

Last edited by bleugh; Mar 31st 2005 at 2:27 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:24 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bleugh
feel free to delete the post, its a personal opinion from reading -
daily mail, daily mirror, the sun, the sunday times every day/week
also by watching the news the figure can be obtained

now, the 80% is a personal opinion, BUT, the point is here that immigrants form a perversley disproportionate percentage of overall crime statistics

.....of course, in any country, due to environmental and cultural barriers, immigrants will have difficulty integrating, thus a moderatley higher crime rate can be expected compared to the indigenous populace,

however, in the UK, where "UK-ism" is effectivley banned by local and national government, immigrants are NOT, and are positivley discouraged to integrate.

when integration with general culture is not achieved, observation and following of the laws of that culture are not considered a priority,

when an indigenous person sees an 'immigrant' driving a flash car, or getting a new washing machine, or in general having something 'better' than they have, this breeds mistrust, and creates ignorance, which festers as racism, hatred and further segregates the two cultures, the immigrants and the indigenous.

now when such a gulf exists, the immigrants see no problems with commiting crimes against the nasty indigenous population.

in the UK, this gulf is nurtured by government, the mess of asylum is why the immigrants are hated by most, and thus why the crime figures are so high for immigrants.

the government should handle things better and acted in what would be considered a 'racist' manner by

- possibly by creating some form of large, sealed 'prison camp' for those without documents, either on or off UK mainland
- FORCING ALL immigrants that enter the country to pass a basic test on the culture and functional english speaking ability

by removing the benefit of coming here (free health care and housing) TOTALLY, no-one will come here, its simple

in some areas of the country 7 in 10 newborns are not by UK people, the non UK people will account for just 10-20& of the population

what did longshanks once say?, "if we can't wipe them out, we'll breed them out"

illegal immigrants for WHATEVER reason are a drag. at some time you HAVE to stop people getting on the lifeboat or it'll sink,

there comes a point where just one more person rescued will capsise the boat and put EVERYONE at risk, and unfortunatley that time for the UK passed some while back
Well I liked your Ebay link mate
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bleugh

I haven't read such drivel in ages.
Britain has a lot wrong with it but I struggle to comprehend what you're writing here.
You think that Britain would be better if it banned all immigrants into the country? Wrong. Our health service would be so much worse without an influx of doctors and nurses from Asia and Eastern Europe.
An immigrant gets ill? Ship him home! Ridiculous. You want to put ill people on planes and send them on a long-haul flight?
Force all immigrants to pass a test on British culture??? Which parts? The chav football hooligans or the pregnant teens?
Then the best of the lot. After all the above statements, in a nutshell saying anyone who isn't British shouldn't be here, you then say "ah well, legal immigrants, they contribute".
I also read you piece on eBay. It's well written but I'm staggered you think that taxation is high in the UK and presume that's not the case in Oz? And that the folks who run the country are unaccountable (do you think the politicians wipe the arses of the punters in Oz?).
If taxation, immigration and poor politicians are you reasons for wanting to leave the UK, I wouldn't go to Australia if I were you. Try a cave in Afghanistan.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You really know nothing about Australia do you?

You are in for one hell of a shock.

G
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
But at least he knows Britain from the Daily Mail and probably BNP propaganda. I rarely use the term racist as I do not find it helpful but the OP is blatantly an utterly racist bigot. I shall not post in this thread anymore as it makes me sad at human nature.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
But at least he knows Britain from the Daily Mail and probably BNP propaganda. I rarely use the term racist as I do not find it helpful but the OP is blatantly an utterly racist bigot. I shall not post in this thread anymore as it makes me sad at human nature.
I am with you BP.

I try to avoid these threads but sometimes can't resist.

I will do in future.

G
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:42 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

G

Grayling,
Us English certainly lack a national identity, we don't even get St georges day off!

I think it's probably best to keep my opinions to myslef and vote with my feet

(Now how do the Austrailand deal with immigrantion?)

See you in Oz
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by markeh
Grayling,
Us English certainly lack a national identity, we don't even get St georges day off!
Mark

That has nothing to do with immigrants though.

We can't lose something we never had.

G
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

RE - barring ALL immigrants from entering the country,
should add the comment "from obviously non-threatning countries/without paperwork, etc", the term ALL is harsh and not intended for EVERY immigrant, some 'common sense' policy is required

i'm not racist, far from it, but the blatant abuse of the systems currently happening has proved unsustainable,
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding taxes, do a search for a spreadsheet directly comparing taxes in the UK with taxes in Australia. There comes a point, around £35,000/$80,000 a year salary, where Australia gets more expensive in terms of income tax. Don't go there thinking that you are going to gain massively in terms of taxes.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

G
I believe the adage "same sh!t, just the bucket is a bit shinier" works well,
i can't for the life of me remember who said that on this forum
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Regarding taxes, do a search for a spreadsheet directly comparing taxes in the UK with taxes in Australia. There comes a point, around £35,000/$80,000 a year salary, where Australia gets more expensive in terms of income tax. Don't go there thinking that you are going to gain massively in terms of taxes.
thanks, already done the calculations, etc, and, in Oz, i'll be about 20% better off in relative terms, looking at going to adelaide, which is moderatley cheap, so i'll have a bigger house for the same money, AND, more importantly be able to get outdoors a fair bit more than i do here!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:46 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Mark

That has nothing to do with immigrants though.

We can't lose something we never had.

G
Greyling, not a thing, but everything, it just shows how important our national identity is to us.

If our identity is inconsequential and we don't celebrate it then why should others who come after us.

bye
Mark
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wmoore
An immigrant gets ill? Ship him home! Ridiculous. You want to put ill people on planes and send them on a long-haul flight?
Force all immigrants to pass a test on British culture??? Which parts?
If taxation, immigration and poor politicians are you reasons for wanting to leave the UK, I wouldn't go to Australia if I were you. Try a cave in Afghanistan.
point 1 - thats a 'difficult' decision, but damn right, use the lifeboat analogy, you and 80 others are stuck on a boat, rescue is some time off, if just one more person gets on the boat will sink. what do you do if you pass another survivor?, let him on the boat, risking everyones life?, or make a hard decision and leave them?

.........[illegal] immigrants that fall ill with NON-LIFETHREATNING problems, ship them back to where they came. ones that are obviously ill, just dont let them in.
I'm sorry, but when my own health suffers due to excessive dilution of services that i'm paying for, i have little simpathy for those that come here expecting handouts (we're talking ALL abuse takes here, flying to UK heavily pregnant to give birth here then flying home, flying here and having a serious ailment diagnosed and immediatley treated, etc, etc,)

in blunt, people come here, they dont make a purchase, use the services and bugger off, not even Mcdonalds allows that!

point 2
british culture tests, a difficult one that, and one that should be broadly interpreted (i.e. what is a typical day off work, monday, wednesday or sunday?), thats one for someone else to decide, not me, maybe a 'culture' test isnt the best, but something to show some research has been done by the person, doesnt the USA require you to recite some USA thingy off by heart?. hell, even just a functional basic english test would be an advance, at least they could ask for their giro in the lingo!

point 3 - politicians, etc,
no rose tinted glasses here, politicians are the same everywhere, Oz ones are notouriously 'crap'. Taxation is always 'unfair' whereever you live, just the Uk is particularly unfair in how its done

in the UK, the more you earn, the less percentage of your wages you pay out in taxation. under 20k a year and a house owner, nearly 30% of your wages go in tax immediatley. if you're on 35k a year, that drops to under 25%

Last edited by bleugh; Mar 31st 2005 at 9:08 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Cost of Petrol in Oz - Half the Uk Price
GST in Oz is 10% - UK VAT is 17.5%
New Cars 30 - 50% cheaper than UK and hold their value more.
Houses, would you prefer a 2 bed terrace in Cardiff or a 3 bed with swimming pool in Perth for the same price.

I don't why you stay here BP. Why don't you go live in Sheperds Bush, you would get on well with the natives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.