Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RE Can you help - Refs from Sub Contractors???

RE Can you help - Refs from Sub Contractors???

Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default RE Can you help - Refs from Sub Contractors???

Re: Can you help - References from Sub Contractors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on with completing my main part of the visa. Thankfully we passed our TRA a few weeks ago.

But somebody mentioned we have to provide references from my partners past employers, details regarding tax (he doesn't have an accountant), details of suppliers (he doesn't buy materials all the materials are bought by the sub-contractors).

If anybody as any template documention they can kindly send to me regarding this it would be gratefully received. By partner is a self-employed plasterer and we are hoping to go out on a skilled 136 visa.

Kind regards

Debbie n Shaun
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:29 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RE Can you help - Refs from Sub Contractors???

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Re: Can you help - References from Sub Contractors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on with completing my main part of the visa. Thankfully we passed our TRA a few weeks ago.

But somebody mentioned we have to provide references from my partners past employers, details regarding tax (he doesn't have an accountant), details of suppliers (he doesn't buy materials all the materials are bought by the sub-contractors).

If anybody as any template documention they can kindly send to me regarding this it would be gratefully received. By partner is a self-employed plasterer and we are hoping to go out on a skilled 136 visa.

Kind regards

Debbie n Shaun

hi debsnshaun,
we are in a similar position ... oh a plasterer but we are still at the tra stage!
with regards to references from his employers (the contractors who he sub-c'd for, we have just written to them asking for a statement of employment, mentioning why we need it and what needs to be included in it.
we asked them to word it as '' XX was employed by us on a sub-contract basis, and as sub-contractors at the time were paid on CIS scheme, had tax and NI deducted from weekly wage.'' We then just asked them to put dates, hours per week he worked, tool used -ie he provided his own, and that materials were supplied by themselves according to the job. My oh also didnt have an accountant - cos i did his books for him (just basic in--out records) and cos we had to complete a tax return each year, are attaching those.
you can do a stat dec for any periods that cant be accounted for - if the subcontractors cant be contacted, or have gone out of business - just make sure you include any details you have so that dimia can check with companies house to confirm. You can get a copy of your employer details from the NI place...if you go to the inland revenue site there are contact details for where to write to.
Jusst out of curiosity, didnt you have to include those details to pass your tra?
good luck ... !
sue
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RE Can you help - Refs from Sub Contractors???

As above reply, if CIS just ask for a letter, send copies of NI and tax bills. OH is plumber, had two stints as self employed and one long stint CIS in London. Agent said letters we supplied for the TRA along with NI bill and Tax bill was sufficient.

I am currently in Norway on jolly hollies, happy to send copy of template when I return to work on monday 14th August. Just pm me your email address and will forward.

The main visa does not require as indepth paperwork as TRA.

Good luck

Paula