Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

re: application process

re: application process

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough
Default re: application process

Does anyone know if you apply to the TRA ( I Think ) for the PR visa and they say you don't have enough points what can you do next .....does this mean you can't try again ???

Any advice would help

thanks

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:38 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: application process

Originally Posted by shelley77
Does anyone know if you apply to the TRA ( I Think ) for the PR visa and they say you don't have enough points what can you do next .....does this mean you can't try again ???

Any advice would help

thanks

Apply to TRA?

Mark
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Have you read the booklet on immigration from the DIMIA website? Depending on your skill/occupation you determine what assessing body you need to apply to, TRA is one of many. Check some of the migration agents websites to get a quick idea to whether you meet the points criteria as there are a lot of deciding factors.

There's a lot to read but it is all essential.
Cheers,

CK
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:48 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by shelley77

Any advice would help

thanks

You don't apply to TRA for the visa - you apply to DIMIA. TRA just assess your skills. As CK said, they are just one of the many assessing bodies. Do lot's of reading (read booklet 6 at least three times). Read the threads on here as well. See if someone else is in the same situation as yourselves.

I would imagine you can apply as many times as you like for a visa as they'll be more than happy to take your money, but if you keep getting it wrong it'll cost you. Paying $1875.00 is enough once!!!

Best of luck though.