Reload this Page >

rational teenagers (lol)

rational teenagers (lol)

Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: rational teenagers (lol)

Originally Posted by JAJ
Basically if he doesn't qualify for a Resident Return Visa after the 5 year period on his migration visa, his residence will likely be gone.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

He can stay a few years in the UK but the door will close after that. The only safe way to do this is to come to Australia, get citizenship, and after that think about what the options for the future are.

It's important to take decisions like this with open eyes.

Jeremy

Thanks for that Jeremy , i am still having trouble convering the rules into actual restrictions .......if i have it right it means that he can validate and leave Australia for the period stipulated on the visa. Thereafter he has lost the right to permenent residence. Is this correct. Really appreciate advice.
(and it will stipulate the length of time on the visa?)
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sudds
Thanks for that Jeremy , i am still having trouble convering the rules into actual restrictions .......if i have it right it means that he can validate and leave Australia for the period stipulated on the visa. Thereafter he has lost the right to permenent residence. Is this correct. Really appreciate advice.
(and it will stipulate the length of time on the visa?)

The problem is that translating the rules into actual restrictions is very complex.

It's simple if you are living in Australia for 2 years in every 5, if you're living outside Australia it gets complex. And people do lose their permanent residence because of confusion over exactly how long they can stay away.

You should look at getting some professional advice on this.

Jeremy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

to complicate matter ive just read another thread wich indicates he has to still be dependant ie not working ?????
Our agent indicated that as long as he was under 18 when the application was lodged it would be ok right or wrong?
Jeremy tell me why we bother to put ourselves through this mill haha.
thanks
Carl and Linda :scared:
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

callerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by red back
I have 4 children, 2 grils & 2 boys. My 2 eldest are the boys aged 16 & 18. We started this emmigration journey april 04 having just returned from a rekkie in Perth. I have encouraged my children to get on as many forums as they can to meet other teenagers in the same situtation, they have met many others either still in the processing of emmigrating or those who are there and settled (ex-pats). After meeting on the forums they then have added then to their msn and chat, you would be surprised to the amount of kids who meet and suport each other through this route. What started out for us to be quite a dilemma as whether to up-root our teenagers from a settled life-style where they seemed happy has led to them not being able to wait to get out there and meet there new found friends in Perth who are infact all happy and settled!
I have a 14 year old daughter who has suddenly had a change of heart about moving to Brisbane and the idea of chatting to other teenagers in the same situation sounds like a really good idea, can you tell me which ones your teenagers have been on? Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sudds
to complicate matter ive just read another thread wich indicates he has to still be dependant ie not working ?????
Our agent indicated that as long as he was under 18 when the application was lodged it would be ok right or wrong?
Jeremy tell me why we bother to put ourselves through this mill haha.
thanks
Carl and Linda :scared:
Dependency is assessed as of date of decision, not application.

Jeremy
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

red back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by callerica
I have a 14 year old daughter who has suddenly had a change of heart about moving to Brisbane and the idea of chatting to other teenagers in the same situation sounds like a really good idea, can you tell me which ones your teenagers have been on? Thanks
Hi,
My teenagers chat/post on the 'poms in perth web site' not sure about Brisbane but try a google search im sure something will come up.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by red back
Hi,
My teenagers chat/post on the 'poms in perth web site' not sure about Brisbane but try a google search im sure something will come up.

Can we get the 'mods' to set up a forum for the kids I know one of the other sites has a forum for the youngsters.?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:53 am
Just Joined

callerica is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds like a great idea, i'm sure it would really help my daughter to be able to chat to other youngsters in a similar position. Do you know how we might go about it?

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Can we get the 'mods' to set up a forum for the kids I know one of the other sites has a forum for the youngsters.?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

The OConnor family is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: rational teenagers (lol)

Hi,We have 4 kids one nearly 14,12.5,4my eldest
was up for the big move but now its getting
closer and shes getting older shes quite nervous
and anxious.I know itll be hard especially the homesickness
but we have to take this opportunity while we can.Im sure
we wont regret it or neither will she.

Last edited by The OConnor family; Feb 23rd 2005 at 3:11 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by callerica
That sounds like a great idea, i'm sure it would really help my daughter to be able to chat to other youngsters in a similar position. Do you know how we might go about it?

No not sure but what if post a new thread and see if someone can set it up
Chris
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well i have posted the thread lets see what they say, dont forget to put your opinion on it and we'll see what response we get if enough are for it
Chris