Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rather odd question...

Rather odd question...

Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:55 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

could easily be stress. but get to the docs. thats the only way youll know for sure. sometimes a hassle but oh do you feel better when they've checked and your all fine. good luck... let us know. we'll be waiting!!!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:40 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, don't panic. Lots of reasons for chest pains, palpitations and the like, not all heart related. From personal experience, might be worth getting your thyroid function tested too. A lot of those symptoms fit a dicky thyroid too.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
A lot of those symptoms fit a dicky thyroid too.
Especially if your eyes are big and wide and bulge like a bullfrog.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Especially if your eyes are big and wide and bulge like a bullfrog.

LOL!!!!

Talking of which, check out these amusing caricatures of thyroid dysfunctions...

http://www.endocrinologist.com/thyroid.htm
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rather odd question...

Originally posted by Ulujain
Let's say someone has weird discomforts across their chest. By discomforts, I mean dull aches and twinges, more on the left side than the right. The hands tingle and there's a mild numbness in the arms. Occasional light-headedness and occasional cold sweat.

No real pain, no weakness, blood pressure is 134/76 and pulse is about 85-89.

With these symptoms I've described, what would you people think is going on?
Sounds like Hyperventilation to me.
It is a common stress/anxiety reaction. The clue is in the chest discomfort and tingling in the fingers.
Do you sigh often? That is another clue.

Best get checked out by your doctor though in case it is more serious. If she /He says it is OK then learn controlled breathing. I have met hundreds of people who hyperventilate. It becomes a vicious circle.

Lots of complicated tests can increase your anxiety so if your doctor reassures you try not to pursue it too far.

Good luck

G
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:06 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Just a heads up; I'm still here. I go to the doctor again tomorrow afternoon.

Film at 11.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

Film at 11.

Good to see you're still standing, was worrying for a bit....You feeling any better?
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it's nothing serious. If you are a little on the large side you really should try to lose some weight as obesity has serious implications for health. My husband is losing weight slowly but surely on a low carb diet by Charles Clarke. He doesn't feel deprived as he can eat egg, bacon etc and can have a glass of wine. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture but I'm a nurse - it's what we do. Pity my poor husband
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:36 am
ABCDiamond

Let's say someone has weird discomforts across their chest. By discomforts, I mean dull aches and twinges, more on the left side than the right. The hands tingle and there's a mild numbness in the arms. Occasional light-headedness and occasional cold sweat.

No real pain, no weakness, blood pressure is 134/76 and pulse is about 85-89.

With these symptoms I've described, what would you people think is going on?
I thought you were talking about me then except I have natural low blood pressure.
But thanks for the post, its acted as a kind of reminder, my doctor did ask me to go back for an ECT or something, and I haven't been yet ! oops.

Old Jul 27th 2004, 1:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I thought you were talking about me then except I have natural low blood pressure.
But thanks for the post, its acted as a kind of reminder, my doctor did ask me to go back for an ECT or something, and I haven't been yet ! oops.
I get all that shit too. Had it for years. Seen lots of doctors had ECGs, I've got elevated BP but not enough for meds.

But as my mate, who is a doctor said:

"Renth, the human body isn't designed to last forever"

Cheers Doc.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:02 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

I had something very similar last year. I also would wake up with a raceing heart which would not slow down for an hour or so over the course of several weeks. I was worried I had something like Tony Blair had last year, and got it checked out. The doctor said we all get moments when we have irregular heartbeats or missing beats, and these can make us feel dodgy when they happen - but if they persist beyond a day or two you need to got straight and see you doctor. Mine was put down to strees. It has not come back since thank god!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:55 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Film at 11.

Well let us know how it goes!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:12 am
o_0

Well, the doctor says it isn't my heart. It's probably just stress. There's no irrythmia (sp?) or anything else bad that's heart-related.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the doctor says it isn't my heart. It's probably just stress. There's no irrythmia (sp?) or anything else bad that's heart-related.
Glad things are OK physically Ulujain.

I suspected hyperventilation.

If you want any advice send me a PM.

Best wishes

G
Old Jul 28th 2004, 3:18 am
o_0

Originally posted by Grayling
Glad things are OK physically Ulujain.

I suspected hyperventilation.

If you want any advice send me a PM.

Best wishes

G
Was never hyperventilation. When I get home (Australia) I'll get it dealt with properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.