Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rate dropping like a lead balloon !!

Rate dropping like a lead balloon !!

Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:54 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Rate dropping like a lead balloon !!

Has anyone noticed the rate today ? I do hope it doesn't drop back to the 2.3 levels.

I guess it is the markets response to the US interest rate announcement yesterday :lecture: unless anyone has a better idea ?

Please please please stay above 2.5 as we travel in 2 weeks !!

Warren
Perth 2004...Twice !!:scared:

Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rate dropping like a lead balloon !!

Hi
Yes I am starting to panic about rates they got up to 2.69 last week and now are low 2.60s. I havent got my visa so cant even think about booking currency. I hope they rise though. Have you not booked some currency? There are a lot of companies out there.
Irene
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:05 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by parkhigh
Hi
Yes I am starting to panic about rates they got up to 2.69 last week and now are low 2.60s. I havent got my visa so cant even think about booking currency. I hope they rise though. Have you not booked some currency? There are a lot of companies out there.
Irene [/QUOTE

Yeah it don't look good, we are looking at Melb in 2-3 weeks time max and we are into the $2.57s :scared
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Has anyone noticed the rate today ? I do hope it doesn't drop back to the 2.3 levels.

I guess it is the markets response to the US interest rate announcement yesterday :lecture: unless anyone has a better idea ?

Warren
yeh it is 2.57 now on xe
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:12 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't feel too bad about it !

plum
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by plumber
I don't feel too bad about it !

plum
Me neither
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

It is something you cant control, so dont worry about it.

It was only a couple of months ago it was about 2.32.

Seeing as we arent going for at least 5 weeks, I dont bother checking it. Some say `you lose loads of dosh`. if you didnt have it in the first place, you cant have lost it!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:42 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by sj oldfield
It is something you cant control, so dont worry about it.

It was only a couple of months ago it was about 2.32.

Seeing as we arent going for at least 5 weeks, I dont bother checking it. Some say `you lose loads of dosh`. if you didnt have it in the first place, you cant have lost it!!

Hi Sandra,

there speaks the voice of reason........I suppose you're right but I can't help having a peek every few hours !!

Warren
Perth 2004....Twice !! :scared:

Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra,

there speaks the voice of reason........I suppose you're right but I can't help having a peek every few hours !!

Warren
Perth 2004....Twice !! :scared:

DONT!!!!!

You will only get ya knickers in a twist if it starts to drop.

Same thing happens with the lottery. i stopped doing it about 4 years ago as I had never even won a tenner. Used to do the same numbers week after week, costing me a fiver a week.

But what if ya numbers come up every one screamed at me. I dont even check what the numbers are. Dont even notice it!!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:18 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by sj oldfield
DONT!!!!!

You will only get ya knickers in a twist if it starts to drop.

Same thing happens with the lottery. i stopped doing it about 4 years ago as I had never even won a tenner. Used to do the same numbers week after week, costing me a fiver a week.

But what if ya numbers come up every one screamed at me. I dont even check what the numbers are. Dont even notice it!!!

Snap !! Jill has me doing the lottery every week !! Funny how she is never the one to stump up the £2 each time I go and buy the ticket though !!

Warren :scared:

Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

same here.
I did birthdays, door numbers and ages!!! sad that I am.

So as the kids got older I had to do more. Couldnt just change the ticket to the `new age` as what if the old `ages` come up.
I worked out that if I carried on, I would be paying a bloody fortune each week.

So i just stopped doing it!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:36 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Warren
This is pretty muchwhat the money people are predicting

If the American Dollar situation remains as is I guess it will return to around AUD $2.3 =£1
Its something that you have no control over so why worry?

Paul J
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

exchanged ours a wk or two ago with HIFX and got $2.62 and a bit, so quite pleased we dibbed in when we did.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We just changed when we had too (asked for bond request), it just happened to be a good rate. Funny though, hubby wanted to change that minute, but I delayed and it went down slightly overnight.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:25 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

So many what if's in this emigration game.... as well as a few if only's

The whole thing reminds me of the old Chinese curse:-

'May you live in interesting times'

:scared:

Still, we're all risk takers aren't we? Or we wouldn't be doing this!

Good Luck with the timing of everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.