Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rant about uk house

rant about uk house

Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

markzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nice
Default rant about uk house

got our visa to go to perth put house on market end of june , had a viewing in july who loved house put offer in we accepted , then they couldnt get a mortgage so had to drop out , was totally gutted !
had a viewing couple weeks later and got another offer on house, they had surveys done etc then it fell through again , due to him being made redundant
feel like we are never going to get to australia
already reduced price to get people in but have not had any more viewings totally gutted i cried for 2 days , cant believe how unlucky we are at the moment !
dont want to rent as need the money out house to survive for time being over there
rant over x
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: rant about uk house

Originally Posted by markzoesean
got our visa to go to perth put house on market end of june , had a viewing in july who loved house put offer in we accepted , then they couldnt get a mortgage so had to drop out , was totally gutted !
had a viewing couple weeks later and got another offer on house, they had surveys done etc then it fell through again , due to him being made redundant
already reduced price to get people in but have not had any more viewings totally gutted i cried for 2 days , cant believe how unlucky we are at the moment !
dont want to rent as need the money out house to survive for time being over there
rant over x
It must still be overpriced if you haven't even got viewings. Its a falling market through most of the UK.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 12:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
It must still be overpriced if you haven't even got viewings. Its a falling market through most of the UK.
Indeed

The housing market is the same the whole world over....if the price is too high no one will buy it.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Took us about six months to sell ours six years ago. We dropped 40 grand, not because it was overpriced, it wasn't and we did get a fair amount of interest, all of whom had something to sell. However the woman who bought it could not manage a penny more (we know her), she was able to move immediately and she took on and loved to the end, our cat who we couldn't bring with us. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on.

Oh and it's not you or you being unlucky, it's the way it's been for at least seven years and it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Drell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really nice

i sympathise. Our house is on the market and has been since February. No offers despite no negative feedback and everyone 'absolutely love' -ing the house. meh.

Everything happens for a reason right?! That's what I keep telling myself anyway. At least it's not as bad as a friend of mine. Had an offer on the house, week before exchanging he pulled out due to being made redundant. Fair enough you think, however 4 weeks later started everything again, 3 days before exchanging- same guy - yep you guessed it, he pulled out. Didn't give any reason and refuses to now communicate with his solicitor or estate agent.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

rant over x
You don't need to sell your house to move to Australia, it is not a good time to sell in the UK and it is not a good time to bring capital to Australia, holding might prove to be a better strategy. Renting in Australia might be a better strategy too.

Don't spend your time crying about it, put your house up for rent and get yourselves over here if that is what you want to do.

Loads of us that moved in the last year or two have rented out the UK house. Wouldn't have been my ideal either, I have never wanted the bother of renting out a house, but it is not a problem the management company takes care of everything.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Where's JAJ? lol
Old Sep 15th 2011, 10:49 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe auction is the way to go.

Sold my MILs place last week in Birkenhead in auction - got $65k for it.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

rant over x
www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk

Will pay 75-85% of valuation
Old Sep 19th 2011, 7:49 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk

Will pay 75-85% of valuation
They pay 75-85% of THEIR 'market' valuation.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
They pay 75-85% of THEIR 'market' valuation.
And who would want 75pc of valuation..
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
And who would want 75pc of valuation..
These companies thrive off peoples desperation, I am in the same boat, house has been on the market since June, we have had 3 viewings and no offers, my house was valued by 3 different estate agents and put on the market for an average of the three so I cant say it is overpriced, I contacted one of these companies (not this company) they wanted 600 quid to carry out a survey for valuation, thats as far as I got, (the thought rip off merchant came to mind) I can get an independant survey done for 90 quid, I have all but given up hoping to sell and resided to the fact that I will be renting it out and going to Aus skint, I will keep hold of it until the market picks up (if)
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Druid
These companies thrive off peoples desperation, I am in the same boat, house has been on the market since June, we have had 3 viewings and no offers, my house was valued by 3 different estate agents and put on the market for an average of the three so I cant say it is overpriced, I contacted one of these companies (not this company) they wanted 600 quid to carry out a survey for valuation, thats as far as I got, (the thought rip off merchant came to mind) I can get an independant survey done for 90 quid, I have all but given up hoping to sell and resided to the fact that I will be renting it out and going to Aus skint, I will keep hold of it until the market picks up (if)
Of course the market will pick up. Always does.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:39 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Of course the market will pick up. Always does.
yep

House prices to rise 14pc to record highs by 2015
The housing slump is over, according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR). The think tank has predicted that by 2015 house prices across the UK will have risen on average 14pc – to an all-time high.
A new report from the CEBR predicts that the average British home will be worth more than £200,000 by 2015, up from the current value of £176,000. This is nearly £10,000 more than the previous house price peak in 1997, when the average home was worth £191,200.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...s-by-2015.html
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perthbum
yep

House prices to rise 14pc to record highs by 2015
The housing slump is over, according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR). The think tank has predicted that by 2015 house prices across the UK will have risen on average 14pc – to an all-time high.
A new report from the CEBR predicts that the average British home will be worth more than £200,000 by 2015, up from the current value of £176,000. This is nearly £10,000 more than the previous house price peak in 1997, when the average home was worth £191,200.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...s-by-2015.html
Cool, there is light at the end of the tunnel then, still going to Aussi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.