Reload this Page >

rant about moving

rant about moving

Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

atlantatoaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rant about moving

Hi
PS:This might be a long and boring rant just thought I'd get it off my chest....

Well we have decided to move from the US(Atl) to sydney .Booked the tickets for the 8th of August.Hubby's given his resgn 2 weeks notice and hes let off in the last week on July .Did not go so well with the bosses who were pretty astonished that he's leaving.... Lots of ppl think we are totally out of our mind... ...I for one don't think the US is utopia ....Some how I really never liked the US I feel its like a big over sized Walmart...... motto being shop till you drop fill your void by shopping.spend all your money then file chapter 11 bankruptcy....and hope someone bails you out.. I feel sort of lost in this culture..A part of me says its the same in Australia.But from what I have seen its not so commodity oriented...but again thats my perception.After doing our research we felt that Australia is a better country to live in and raise a family than the US.But sometimes I doubt our decision.....
Sorry for boring you all
regards
priya
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

agostinism is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rant about moving

Originally Posted by atlantatoaus
Hi
PS:This might be a long and boring rant just thought I'd get it off my chest....

Well we have decided to move from the US(Atl) to sydney .Booked the tickets for the 8th of August.Hubby's given his resgn 2 weeks notice and hes let off in the last week on July .Did not go so well with the bosses who were pretty astonished that he's leaving.... Lots of ppl think we are totally out of our mind... ...I for one don't think the US is utopia ....Some how I really never liked the US I feel its like a big over sized Walmart...... motto being shop till you drop fill your void by shopping.spend all your money then file chapter 11 bankruptcy....and hope someone bails you out.. I feel sort of lost in this culture..A part of me says its the same in Australia.But from what I have seen its not so commodity oriented...but again thats my perception.After doing our research we felt that Australia is a better country to live in and raise a family than the US.But sometimes I doubt our decision.....
Sorry for boring you all
regards
priya
Hi AtalntatoAus:

We are kind of facing the same thing, we are having this dilemma about leaving or staying in the US while our visas are being processed and they are just about to be granted (hopefully).

We still do not know what to make of it all, we are just going to take it as it comes, in very simple terms. If we go then we will strive to make it work(that is what we have been doing here in the US) if by any twist of faith we do'nt then we will go on with our lives here trying to make the best out of it.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this comforts you.