British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Rangers Supporters Clubs + Pork Sausages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/rangers-supporters-clubs-pork-sausages-368610/)

wmckellar Apr 21st 2006 1:22 am

Re: Rangers Supporters Clubs + Pork Sausages

Cool if you can send me the link i could maybe meet up with some Gers fans . . . Also, if you send the recipe that owuld be spot on.

Where you living just now??? You watching the game on Sun?

I am heading to the Pig and Whistle to watch it . . can't wait not seen any footie since arriving here 4 weeks ago and used to have a season ticket for Ibrox for about 20 years.

soapy© Apr 21st 2006 1:28 am

Originally Posted by wmckellar
Cool if you can send me the link i could maybe meet up with some Gers fans . . . Also, if you send the recipe that owuld be spot on.

I am heading to the Pig and Whistle to watch it . . can't wait not seen any footie since arriving here 4 weeks ago and used to have a season ticket for Ibrox for about 20 years.

to be honest i dont know where to watch it here on the gold coast. it was great in sydney there was about 4 places to watch each game.
im sure im working when the game is on anyway :rolleyes:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358198

madsad Apr 21st 2006 6:04 am

[QUOTE=wmckellar]Soapy,

Checked that guy out about a week ago you get a failed delivery on his mail address . . so back to the drawing board.

I honestly think there are no Rangers fans in Brisbane apart from me.

On the Syd's Pie thing . . . is none of his gear any good ?? i was going to go down at the weekend and buy a load of stuff myself.

Send me a PM with the recipe for tottie scones mate if you dont mind and i will give them a bash myself.

So have we came to an agreement where the best black pudding is sold in Brisbane???

Can assure you that you are not the only bluenose in Brisbane!! I am getting my setanta dish shortly allowing me to watch the Gers from the comfort of my own hoose.

ALLEZ LE GUEN. 51 & COUNTING.

51 & COUNTING

PS. Soapy stop geeting about prices, typical cellick fan. ;)

soapy© Apr 21st 2006 6:08 am

[QUOTE=madsad]

Soapy,

Checked that guy out about a week ago you get a failed delivery on his mail address . . so back to the drawing board.

I honestly think there are no Rangers fans in Brisbane apart from me.

On the Syd's Pie thing . . . is none of his gear any good ?? i was going to go down at the weekend and buy a load of stuff myself.

Send me a PM with the recipe for tottie scones mate if you dont mind and i will give them a bash myself.

So have we came to an agreement where the best black pudding is sold in Brisbane???

Can assure you that you are not the only bluenose in Brisbane!! I am getting my setanta dish shortly allowing me to watch the Gers from the comfort of my own hoose.

ALLEZ LE GUEN. 51 & COUNTING.

51 & COUNTING

PS. Soapy stop geeting about prices, typical cellick fan. ;)

donna, send me details of the cost of the dish pal ;)
oh and the first day we are havin a BBQ u lot will be invited (malky still ows me a beer)
u can get my moble number off the gold coast meet :)

madsad Apr 21st 2006 6:12 am

[QUOTE=soapy]

Originally Posted by madsad
donna, send me details of the cost of the dish pal ;)
oh and the first day we are havin a BBQ u lot will be invited (malky still ows me a beer)
u can get my moble number off the gold coast meet :)

Allright wee man, the dish is supplied through Setanta (Sydney)

Setanta Sport Pty Ltd
3 602 Darling St Rozelle NSW 2039
ph: (02) 9555 4211 Television Stations

$ 500.00 Installation & $ 30.00 a month subscription.

Cheers

Malky.

soapy© Apr 21st 2006 9:15 am

[QUOTE=madsad]

Originally Posted by soapy

Allright wee man, the dish is supplied through Setanta (Sydney)

Setanta Sport Pty Ltd
3 602 Darling St Rozelle NSW 2039
ph: (02) 9555 4211 Television Stations

$ 500.00 Installation & $ 30.00 a month subscription.

Cheers

Malky.

cool i thought it was dearer than that. good stuff, ill sort it oot at the start of the new season.
thanks malky

soapy© Apr 23rd 2006 5:31 am

;) Ingredients:
Half pound (225g) boiled and mashed potatoes
2.5oz (65g) flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Half teaspoon salt

Method:
Mash the potatoes while they are still warm and add the butter and salt. Add in enough flour to make it a pliable dough but without making it too dry. The type of potato will affect this. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll until about quarter of an inch thick.
we made about 4 dozen today :)

biggy Apr 23rd 2006 6:40 am

;) Ingredients:
2.5oz (65g) flour
Half teaspoon salt

Method:
Mash the potatoes while they are still warm and add the butter and salt. Add in enough flour to make it a pliable dough but without making it too dry. The type of potato will affect this. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll until about quarter of an inch thick.

ohhhh is that fir tattie scones?? i was just lookin up Delia for a recipie but didnae like whit a saw lmfao

soapy© Apr 26th 2006 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
ohhhh is that fir tattie scones?? i was just lookin up Delia for a recipie but didnae like whit a saw lmfao

dead easy to make mate and really cheap too ;)

biggy Apr 27th 2006 3:40 am

dead easy to make mate and really cheap too ;)

am away tae make some I will let ye know how they turn oot

soapy© Apr 27th 2006 6:52 am

Originally Posted by biggy
am away tae make some I will let ye know how they turn oot

i met an auld guy the day whos no hud a tottie scone since 1963 :(
i told him i wid sort it oot for him :)

kiwichild Apr 27th 2006 8:40 am

;) Ingredients:
2.5oz (65g) flour
Half teaspoon salt

Method:

Cheers for the recipe Soapy. I guess you then bake em for about 10 mins on a highish temp (say 220c) same as you would do for regular scones.

soapy© Apr 27th 2006 11:32 am

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Cheers for the recipe Soapy. I guess you then bake em for about 10 mins on a highish temp (say 220c) same as you would do for regular scones.

OOPS NO :o
u cook them on a dry griddle or a frying pan ;)

kiwichild Apr 27th 2006 11:43 am

OOPS NO :o
u cook them on a dry griddle or a frying pan ;)

Chhers, thanks for that :D

soapy© Apr 27th 2006 11:50 am

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Chhers, thanks for that :D

a wee tip.
make sure u cover them in flour before u cook them, they turn out much better and dont burn so much ;)
oh and wee add a teaspoon of sugar to the dough (old recipe) that vanished during the war