Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts of Kindness

Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all
Default Random Acts of Kindness

Yes it's me again...
I was chatting to my husband and he had told me the following story..... As we were packing the house we realised that we had tons of loose change. So my hubby took it to the bank.The lady behind the counter told us that we should have put it into small bags and counted it but she would do it for us just this once. It took her 20 minutesor more of her time just sorting it out bagging it up etc. My husband went and had a coffee while she was counting it up as he couldn't do anything else but wait.But he felt a bit bad so bought her a giant choc chip cookie and went back to the bank. He saw her still counting and tapped on the glass, slipped the cookie in the money tray and walked off. He didn't wait around for her thanks and smiles because he didn't give to return. I just thought how nice it was and wonderd if any of you guys have done something nice for someone.....a stranger , shop keeper anyone. Would love to hear your stories.....
Butter xx
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:12 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Yes it's me again...
I was chatting to my husband and he had told me the following story..... As we were packing the house we realised that we had tons of loose change. So my hubby took it to the bank.The lady behind the counter told us that we should have put it into small bags and counted it but she would do it for us just this once. It took her 20 minutesor more of her time just sorting it out bagging it up etc. My husband went and had a coffee while she was counting it up as he couldn't do anything else but wait.But he felt a bit bad so bought her a giant choc chip cookie and went back to the bank. He saw her still counting and tapped on the glass, slipped the cookie in the money tray and walked off. He didn't wait around for her thanks and smiles because he didn't give to return. I just thought how nice it was and wonderd if any of you guys have done something nice for someone.....a stranger , shop keeper anyone. Would love to hear your stories.....
Butter xx
I believe that everyone is a prisoner of their own karma. Acts of loving kindness generate good karma and brings great things into your life. What a simply lovely story. Thanks for sharing it - its easy to get swept up in the modern world from time to time and its the small things like this that make things worthwhile.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Yes it's me again...
Butter xx
Saw a busker with his elderly dog last week. Rushed into the nearest bakery shop and got the busker lunch and made sure his dog was fed too. Im a sucker for trying to help. I must admit I'm also a maniac when I see any type of bullying and unfairness to others and animals. I cant stop myself jumping in to help stop it. Im strongly resent any type of animal cruelity.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:33 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

When I was on the bus one day this lady's bag split and her shopping went everywhere.

She and her son tried to pick it up.

I stuffed a one bag of my stuff into another and gave her my carrier bag. Everyone else just ignored her.

I have helped people carry stuff. One woman didnt have enough change for the bus, she had a fiver so I gave her a pound.

I don't think twice about helping people.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:35 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's me again...
Butter xx
I was driving home from work a few years ago in oshawa canada and saw a woman in her mid 20's with a boy of 2-3 who was having a real temper tantrum. She was carrying 3 plastic grocery bags in one hand while struggling with the boy. As I passed her I just happened to see the boy grab the grocery bags and it split spilling the contents on the pavement so I pulled over, got out to ask the woman if I could help. By this time she was sobbing since in one bag was a glass bottle of spaghetti sauce which had smashed and torn the second bag piercing one of the milk bags she had (you can buy a bag of milk in canada that has 3 seperate bags inside and usually at home youd have a plastic jug the same size to fit the milk bag into).

In any case it was a bit of a mess to say the least. Apart from the sauce and milk it looked like the only other items of groceries that she had were a small pack of mince beef, some generic packs of pasta and either a cabbage or cauli I cant rememeber now. The boy in seeing the distress he had caused had calmed down a bit by now and was hugging his mother as if he knew how bad the situation was. There wasnt much I could do with the bags or groceries that would allow her to carry on walking so I asked her if she would like a lift home and she accepted so I carefully loaded the broken bags into my car and drove her and her son home which was only about 1km. On the way she had told me she didnt know what to do now because she had no money to replace the spag sauce or milk which she planned to freeze 2 of the 3 bags, she was quite upset.
I didnt say a single word and as I carried the bags to her front door, still sobbing a bit she couldnt thank me enough.
She didnt invite me in but I could see quite clearly that she wasnt exactly flush with money, her apartment had very little furnature and she only had a small tv with those old fashioned rabbit ear arials.
It just made me stop and think of how lucky I was to be in a good job, money in the bank etc.
I left but found myself 5 minutes later in the local IGA grocery store, gowing through all the aisles with a shopping trolley picking up all sorts of food items that I never bought for myself (usually since I was living alone at the time i only needed a basket). Over $90 worth of groceries later I drove back to this stranger's flat and off loaded the bags outside her front door, rang the bell and ran back to my car.

For those on BE who think Im heartless, let me tell you that the reason I ran back to the car is because emotions got the better of me, I was in tears myself. I sped off as fast as I could and I never saw the young woman again.

I think we all would do similar things if circumstances were similar.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

what a grear story lesley and i agree with centurian,i think what goes around comes around if you know what i mean
something similar happened to us when we stopped off at kuala lumpar on the way here,we went for lunch in one of the many cafe type bars in the town centre and was served by a lovely waiter who we got chatting to,he was very intersted that we came from the uk and we were on our way to emmigrate to oz,anyway he told us he collected foriegn coins and asked us if we had a couple of english coins he could buy off us i searched through my bag but couldnt find ant coins,i knew i had some back at the hotel room but id taken them out of my purse not anticipating needing them but i did have a £5 note so i told him he could have it with pleasure,he was sooo pleased anyone would think all his christmases had come at once you couldnt believe it,he didnt want to take it but we insisted,next thing we new he came back with all the resturant souveniers he could find to give to us in return,bless him, but boy did it make us feel good to see his face light up

tracey
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I was at a locksmith in the city a few months ago. I went to pay for a key that I had cut but he didn't take any cards and I had no cash. He told me not to worry, that I should just pop in whenever I had the money...I thought it was kind (and probably some shrewd business sense but mostly just kind).
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I was driving home from work a few years ago in oshawa canada and saw a woman in her mid 20's with a boy of 2-3 who was having a real temper tantrum. She was carrying 3 plastic grocery bags in one hand while struggling with the boy. As I passed her I just happened to see the boy grab the grocery bags and it split spilling the contents on the pavement so I pulled over, got out to ask the woman if I could help. By this time she was sobbing since in one bag was a glass bottle of spaghetti sauce which had smashed and torn the second bag piercing one of the milk bags she had (you can buy a bag of milk in canada that has 3 seperate bags inside and usually at home youd have a plastic jug the same size to fit the milk bag into).

In any case it was a bit of a mess to say the least. Apart from the sauce and milk it looked like the only other items of groceries that she had were a small pack of mince beef, some generic packs of pasta and either a cabbage or cauli I cant rememeber now. The boy in seeing the distress he had caused had calmed down a bit by now and was hugging his mother as if he knew how bad the situation was. There wasnt much I could do with the bags or groceries that would allow her to carry on walking so I asked her if she would like a lift home and she accepted so I carefully loaded the broken bags into my car and drove her and her son home which was only about 1km. On the way she had told me she didnt know what to do now because she had no money to replace the spag sauce or milk which she planned to freeze 2 of the 3 bags, she was quite upset.
I didnt say a single word and as I carried the bags to her front door, still sobbing a bit she couldnt thank me enough.
She didnt invite me in but I could see quite clearly that she wasnt exactly flush with money, her apartment had very little furnature and she only had a small tv with those old fashioned rabbit ear arials.
It just made me stop and think of how lucky I was to be in a good job, money in the bank etc.
I left but found myself 5 minutes later in the local IGA grocery store, gowing through all the aisles with a shopping trolley picking up all sorts of food items that I never bought for myself (usually since I was living alone at the time i only needed a basket). Over $90 worth of groceries later I drove back to this stranger's flat and off loaded the bags outside her front door, rang the bell and ran back to my car.

For those on BE who think Im heartless, let me tell you that the reason I ran back to the car is because emotions got the better of me, I was in tears myself. I sped off as fast as I could and I never saw the young woman again.

I would snog you if you were in my flat. Bloody amazing thing to do.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, I try not to judge anyone but my perception of you just changed a lot. That story has kinda made my day
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

what a truly lovely thing to do wish there were more people about like it

tracey

Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Luke - I bow in your shadow .

Has anyone read the Danny Wallace books, "Join Me" and "Random Acts of Kindness"? Funny and uplifting.

I took our dogs to the groomers on Friday. The car next to me had a little puppy in it. When I returned to pick the dogs up 3 hours later, the pup was still there! I asked in the Vets who the pup belonged to and it turns out it was the groomers!!! I couldn't bear the thought of the little thing being cooped up so I offered to take it out a wee walk with my 2 muppets. This 13 week old border collie is kept in the groomers car from 9-5 Mon, Wed & Fri every week so although I think the groomer should be shot for cruelty, I am going to walk the wee creature (and maybe bring her home for a while) on these days in future. I'm not doing it for the groomer (who, bizarrely had never met me before but was quite happy to hand me her car keys and walk off with her puppy! ), but for Kaia, the gorgeous puppy who deserves better.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that brought a tear or two to my eye. Bless you for being so kind hearted - may it come back to you tenfold.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons

Has anyone read the Danny Wallace books, "Join Me" and "Random Acts of Kindness"? Funny and uplifting.

I took our dogs to the groomers on Friday. The car next to me had a little puppy in it. When I returned to pick the dogs up 3 hours later, the pup was still there! I asked in the Vets who the pup belonged to and it turns out it was the groomers!!! I couldn't bear the thought of the little thing being cooped up so I offered to take it out a wee walk with my 2 muppets. This 13 week old border collie is kept in the groomers car from 9-5 Mon, Wed & Fri every week so although I think the groomer should be shot for cruelty, I am going to walk the wee creature (and maybe bring her home for a while) on these days in future. I'm not doing it for the groomer (who, bizarrely had never met me before but was quite happy to hand me her car keys and walk off with her puppy! ), but for Kaia, the gorgeous puppy who deserves better.
Hope the dog poops in her car on a regular basis - honestly some people are just @#!#*&'s!!! A dog groomer but she can't look after her own dog properly?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:03 pm

I reckon you should do a huge turd in the dog groomers car.

A big steamy one smack bang on the drivers seat.

That will teach her.

Dare you.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Johnstons

She needs reporting to the RSPCA. I am pretty sure that can't be legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.