Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rainwater tanks WA

Rainwater tanks WA

Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:17 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Rainwater tanks WA

Bit of a domestic goddess one this...

Yesterday I had washing hanging out and it got thoroughly rained on. Today I went out to collect it, intending to rewash it. However, it felt incredibly soft and smelled great. So I decided not to bother. It's made me wonder if anyone uses a rainwater tank and if so what tasks do you use it for and how do you find the water?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:02 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rainwater tanks WA

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Bit of a domestic goddess one this...

Yesterday I had washing hanging out and it got thoroughly rained on. Today I went out to collect it, intending to rewash it. However, it felt incredibly soft and smelled great. So I decided not to bother. It's made me wonder if anyone uses a rainwater tank and if so what tasks do you use it for and how do you find the water?
Don't think you'll find many folk who actually wash their clothes in it.

We use ours to wash cars, top up pool, and all other 'outside' stuff.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

I life out in the bush and we use rain water for everything. Drinking, washing, bathing ect. We have a "first flush" system on the tank that allows us flush the pipe work that leads to the tank, which we do about every 6 months. Other than that, that is all that happens to the water prior to drinking.

Our water tank is 120,000 ltrs and it has never been below one foot from the top of the tank in the last 3.5 years. We have a good roof catchment area (about 400m2) which will collect approx 4000 ltrs for every 10mm of rain. We do not use the fresh water for the garden, we pump into a seperate tank from our dam to water the gardens.

Barney
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:26 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies. Really must investigate this further as I try to be as green as practicable.