Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Railway Designers

Railway Designers

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Railway Designers

Just saw this on the internet for Railway Designers (just emailed my CV) in Melbourne. Looks like there is a lot of rail work coming up there. Any engineerng people have a look at:

http://www.cv-forum.com/jobsfrom.php...fb5554b4eee722
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point

does this mean the need for more train drivers
i know they are extending the rail network in perth due for completion end of 2005
Old Jan 15th 2004, 4:00 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Did you guys hear the item on the BBC news this morning about how there's a new rail line just opened in Oz, that goes right thru from Adelaide to Darwin? How cool is that? What a way to see the country - I'll be booking my ticket!

Surely they must need drivers/engineers whatever for that...?

The report I heard (on the 'Today' programme, Radio 4, so there may be more on their web site) said that the rail design engineers had had to deal with tracks getting really hot (50C?)& all sorts of environmental hazards, but had still made it happen.

Now can we ship those guys over here to sort out the Cambridge to Liverpool St line?!

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Anya.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Did you guys hear the item on the BBC news this morning about how there's a new rail line just opened in Oz, that goes right thru from Adelaide to Darwin? How cool is that? What a way to see the country - I'll be booking my ticket!

Surely they must need drivers/engineers whatever for that...?

The report I heard (on the 'Today' programme, Radio 4, so there may be more on their web site) said that the rail design engineers had had to deal with tracks getting really hot (50C?)& all sorts of environmental hazards, but had still made it happen.

Now can we ship those guys over here to sort out the Cambridge to Liverpool St line?!

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Anya.
I work in the rail industry & can tell you, the UK system is f**ked.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Amazulu
don't book your ticket yet it's only a freight line
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

what part of railway industry do you work in
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:10 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

I commuted on it for years - so know this only too well I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands everytime I go on that Potters Bar line.

It's all very sad to me, as I'm old enough to recall the 'Great Days of Steam'....

Anya.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:16 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by railman2404
Surely they'll make it available for passengers sometime soon though? What, and miss out on all that revenue from rich tourists wanting to see the outback etc safely?

Still a great achievement to get it done & I truly congratulate them. I guess I am comparing it to what happens here in UK: we get Potters' Bar, they get a trans-continental line that works, we get the Dome, they get Sydney Opera House! I know all the Oz projects have just as much hassle, delays & politics, but at least they made it happen in the end.

Ok, time to stop proppin' that bar up now!

Anya.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:03 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Surely they'll make it available for passengers sometime soon though? What, and miss out on all that revenue from rich tourists wanting to see the outback etc safely?

Still a great achievement to get it done & I truly congratulate them. I guess I am comparing it to what happens here in UK: we get Potters' Bar, they get a trans-continental line that works, we get the Dome, they get Sydney Opera House! I know all the Oz projects have just as much hassle, delays & politics, but at least they made it happen in the end.

Ok, time to stop proppin' that bar up now!

Anya.
The passenger service commences in FEB 04, when the "GHAN", continues on from Alice Springs. rumour has it that its booked out for the first 2yrs.... will become one of the worlds great rail journeys, 3000km......... MM
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

what part of railway industry do you work in
I'm working on the Sussex, Southern Region Power Supply Upgrade, based in Croydon. What do you do?.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

I'm working on the Sussex, Southern Region Power Supply Upgrade, based in Croydon. What do you do?.

drive for south west trains out of waterloo
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

drive for south west trains out of waterloo
Cool. Are you planning on carrying on your profession in OZ?.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cool. Are you planning on carrying on your profession in OZ?.
hopefully have e-mailed a few train operators but you have to have residents visa first
but new developments make it a viable prospect
have also been told would probably have to go through training again but that should be a breeze

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:50 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The Ghan: Adelaide - Darwin
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally posted by Megalania
The Ghan: Adelaide - Darwin
It's gonna be some journey, not cheap though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.