RAILWAY

Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough
Default RAILWAY

Does anybody here work for any railway companies in sydney,reason for asking is that I have been offered a position and go on a 457 visa and wondered if any one is going as well or has done the same.....
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Default Re: RAILWAY

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
Does anybody here work for any railway companies in sydney,reason for asking is that I have been offered a position and go on a 457 visa and wondered if any one is going as well or has done the same.....
I work for United Group Rail in Melbourne but the HQ is based in Sydney (Pymble) and I have to go there pretty often. I also spend time with some guys from RailCorp (run the Sydney system), Queensland Rail (moving into the same space but based Brisbane) and Mainco (Melbourne network).

I was working for Network Rail in the UK, before that Serco, Jarvis and BR. All in it's similar but I find the lack of money and knowledge frustrating. I work on the engineering/technology side but when I deal with the track engineers it seems a few years behind the UK.

There are upsides - top weather, comparitively laid-back attitude, money good. I still struggle with the red-tape though.