Radio stations?

Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:16 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Radio stations?

Hi guys,

Anyone living on the Gold Coast know of a radio station that plays up to date music? Up to now we've not found one but that could be because the radio in the car is crap
When Right Said Fred came on this morning that was the final straw!
All I want is something that plays your general up to date chart stuff. Anyone familiar with Sheffield, I'm after the equivalent of Hallam FM.
A decent dance station (like Galexy) wouldn't go amiss either.
Does such a thing exist/

Marie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio stations?

You can't beat Triple J. Don't expect any "dance music" stations, you'd be better off listening to your mobile phone's ringtone.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
You can't beat Triple J. Don't expect any "dance music" stations, you'd be better off listening to your mobile phone's ringtone.
yeah, one of the (many) things I love about Oz is the lack of dance cr*p on the radio. You get the odd song thrown in, but not really a dance-orientated station.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

We listen to the UK radio stations on the net
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
yeah, one of the (many) things I love about Oz is the lack of dance cr*p on the radio. You get the odd song thrown in, but not really a dance-orientated station.
However, in Perth if you are serious about dance music, and I'm not talking about the Crazy Frog listen to the Full Frequency show on RTRFM 92.1 - it's great - http://www.rtrfm.com.au/presenters/dantheman
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:56 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i believe street fm on 87.6 is a dance station on the gold coast. i think there's one on that frequency or there abouts in brisbane too
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brisnick
i believe street fm on 87.6 is a dance station on the gold coast. i think there's one on that frequency or there abouts in brisbane too
Must be by good fortune that I've so far managed to avoid this then
I don't know what any of the radio stations are - I just fiddle about with the dial until something comes on that sounds half decent
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:01 am
(It's not my real name)

I reckon the combo of Triple J and RTR sh*ts on anything in the UK.

Another think I like about radio here that whan Kanye West sings about gold diggers messing with broke n*ggers and f**king Usher - that's what you hear not some bleeped out or played backwards crap like you would on Radio 1 or Kiss FM.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Another think I like about radio here that whan Kanye West sings about gold diggers messing with broke n*ggers and f**king Usher - that's what you hear not some bleeped out or played backwards crap like you would on Radio 1 or Kiss FM.

I found this hilarious when I first realised - some song came on the radio which involved a fair bit of swearing and none of it was bleeped out, even though it was the middle of the afternoon.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:15 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by DianneH68

I found this hilarious when I first realised - some song came on the radio which involved a fair bit of swearing and none of it was bleeped out, even though it was the middle of the afternoon.
It wasn't "Figjam" by Butterfingers was it?

I woke up this morning, but I didn't wake
'Til the afternoon, because I slept in late
With a great mental state and a date with destiny
I rolled down the block without a copper even stressin' me
Let alone arrestin' me or giving me a ticket
It's coming into summer, and the weather's ****ing wicked
So I figured I'd be hitting the beach
Look at skinny-dipper's titties and get something to eat
After half a pound of chips and a flounder burger
I was sitting on my arse like a council worker
And I'm missing about being pissed off about
My house burning down to the ground, and being out on my arse
Before my change of fortune
Now I score tunes, don't get up before noon
Since your mama's on the head of my knob
And it's better than heading to my dead-end job
Because the boss was a cockhead (when I was a clerk)
So I clocked him - and now I don't work
It's beautiful day, and I can use a cliche,
coz
I am the greatest! (..like Cassius Clay)

I got the world at my feet, and my toe jam's nasty
(Figjam!)
**** I'm good, just ask me
I couldn't give a shit about your corporate hierachy
(Figjam!)

(I can't believe how good I am, I'm the mother****ing man, etc)

I walk around in track-and-thongs
****ed off a buck-of-bongs
If you don't like it, you can come suck a long
..dick! 'Cause I'm flipped off, all the way to hip hop
I get so plastered, you'd think I'm drinking gyp-rock
But I'm shit-hot, no matter how you look at it
And my lyrics make you wanna read a book a lit'
Don't - 'cause I'm cooking it right for the iron chef!
(That's why I'm deaf, up to the high clef)

(Figjam!)
And that's a fact, that Chief Wiggum and the fact
That laggards like a magic pack of Tim Tams
Where the buck stops and you suck and i don't give-a-damn, sucking on the cut
They should call me Edward Scissorhands

So give a hand for me and my associates
[Crickets chirping]
(You suck!)
Well that's just inappropriate
Smoke me a kipper, bitch
I'm from the yipper, switch
Side of town, don't forget to write it down
(West side, ey!)
What the ****? It ain't gangster rap!
Think you're tougher, then you'd probably pop a wanker's cramp (?)
And I'll thank you to **** right off
Professional ****wits, take one night off

I'm Evil Eddie with a rock-steady microphone mastery
(Figjam!)
As a concept, the intellect can't grasp me
(Figjam!)

(I can't believe how good I am, I'm the mother****ing man, etc)

I got the strong profile, without the help of rhinoplasty
(Figjam!)
Kicking arse in the cha, but you can't ask me
(Figjam!)
I just had a threesome with ya moma and your aunty
(Figjam!)
And they're coming back this arvo for the bukkake party
(Figjam!)
My dick is bigger than a wigwam!
And you can see my peepee three feet behind the tv
And if you are getting very sleepy, wake up
(And these ******s need a shake up)

I'm a jet-setter, go-getter, but I got a vendetta
Just got a death threat over the phone
Better go lay low, underground, like a bilby
(Figjam!)
Chill man, people wanna kill me!
But I don't let that bullshit sweat me
I'll be at yo mama's if you wanna get me,
You shady ****. I may be stuck
In a crazy situation but I'm favoured by lady luck
You wanna stop me? You wanna do it properly
[Blam blam]
Ah ****, somebody shot me.

Last edited by renth; Nov 10th 2005 at 1:18 am.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:41 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i don't think my radio has been tuned into anything but the j's since i did my initial scouting 5 years ago. although they do play far to much hip-hop now adays.

Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

To escape the endless bollocks guitar music and 'Adult Oriented Rock' (music for people that don't like music) on the radio here - I record the decent late night shows on Radio 1 to MP3 and listen to them on my MP3 player in the car. Can't see that changing when I get down under.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to kiss 100 fm a proper dance radio station
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:28 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

PMSL