Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Racism - have your kids or you experienced this, mine have?

Racism - have your kids or you experienced this, mine have?

Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:34 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism - have your kids or you experienced this, mine have?

It's ok though because nobody likes the English.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

It realy doesn't matter whether your Scottish or English at the end of the day people are always a little anti the other side of the fence, i remember this summer in Scotland, England fans being assaulted for wearing the England colours. I also have memories of visiting England and being called a jock (which I hate) because I am Scottish and not a jock. so this attitude is prevelant all over the world, and by the way yourve got to remember when we visit other countries we are the imigrants, and how are imigrants treated in the UK?

GreanTea
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:50 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenTea
I am Scottish and not a jock.
Thats a contradiction in terms....

You better get used to being called a pom here but, we are all poms.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Thats a contradiction in terms....

You better get used to being called a pom here but, we are all poms.

I don't understand what you mean, I a led to beleive that a (POM) is a person of English decent, whick excludes the other UK type people?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:54 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
A valid point(!) I saw a bloke on the train today wearing an England top. Wear a England top and attract attention!
Completely agree. I'm a pom but I dont feel the need to rub that fact into peoples face.

For some, and a mindless minority, it is going to get backs up.

I certainly dont agree with some of the harsher comments on this thread. Australians are by far and large accepting and more so than other parts of the world and not, in my experience, British haters.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by GreenTea
I don't understand what you mean, I a led to beleive that a (POM) is a person of English decent, whick excludes the other UK type people?
You will soon get bored of arguing with everyone who calls you a pom, believe me we are all poms.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:01 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
Completely agree. I'm a pom but I dont feel the need to rub that fact into peoples face.

For some, and a mindless minority, it is going to get backs up.

I certainly dont agree with some of the harsher comments on this thread. Australians are by far and large accepting and more so than other parts of the world and not, in my experience, British haters.
Your not rubbing it into anyone by wearing a football shirt ,the people with the problem are the people who take offece to the shirt ,in this case the aussies .
If a guy wears a man utd top and walks down the fulham road and gets a good beating by a load of chelsea headhunters ,who is wrong ? .
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
<<admin edit - Comment removed>>
I think you've made it clear in the past that you dislike Australia and want to return to the UK. Some of us, like myself, have a genuine desire to remain and be Australian. We're happy. Your not. Thats fine.

I can assure you that I dont intend to spend most of my evenings (see your above comment...)
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:03 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
You will soon get bored of arguing with everyone who calls you a pom, believe me we are all poms.

Been called a pom for the more in the last 2 days than i have in 4 years...oh well!...just reply with "sorry...dont speak convict"
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

callie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to behold

hey, you know the real winning reply to the racist pommy-haters....i have used this on several occasions to great effect - generally total silence.

"ah hey, but we're all from the motherland one way or another"

agree with what they're saying and then say this with a smile - never fails.

generally, they don't understand sarcasm- love it!!

you can't say it stroppy though, u have to be really light and fluffy.

Callie (the supreme)
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
I know and to be honest i wouldnt want it any other way ,but how dare anyone hate australians .
They are so far up themselves they spend most of the evenings f---ing themselves.
This is supposed to be a thread objecting about people making racist comments. Can you all therefore please refrain from making similar comments about ALL other races and nationalities.
You may not like the people amongst whom you are living, but remarks like the one above are racist and offensive, and will not be tolerated.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

I've read some nonsense on here before but I reakon this post takes the biscuit ! Sure Racism in any form is a nasty unacceptable way of picking on people, but hey......... it happens the world over and is on the whole it's dished out by un-educated morons.
Dont blame the country, I seem to remember just the odd bit of racism in England over the years, blame small minded, un-educated idiots who have nothing better to do than play with themselves and abuse others !
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

callie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to behold

oops, just want to clarify, i don't get racism very often, i love australia and have a fantastic, huge group of aussie mates, but it's a good reply to the few who are knobbers
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Santa
I've read some nonsense on here before but I reakon this post takes the biscuit ! Sure Racism in any form is a nasty unacceptable way of picking on people, but hey......... it happens the world over and is on the whole it's dished out by un-educated morons.
Dont blame the country, I seem to remember just the odd bit of racism in England over the years, blame small minded, un-educated idiots who have nothing better to do than play with themselves and abuse others !

I don't agree, i think there are many educated idiots that also prctice racisim
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I live in a different Australia to you lot I have NEVER had one bad comment from anyone and neither have my kids. I'm not saying that there aren't any people out there that are like that, but I bet there are a hell of a lot more nice people out there than idiots.

My Aunt and Uncle who have been here over 25 years can count on one hand the number of people who have been nasty to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.