British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Racism in Australia against Asian people (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/racism-australia-against-asian-people-594073/)

caliburn Feb 26th 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Racism in Australia against Asian people

Originally Posted by ajsingh (Post 7323692)
I am starting a new thread to hear comments/opinions/views on racism in Australia against people from Asian decent. I started this discussion last time some uneducated morons hijacked the topic. So please respond if you fall in the catergory of asian decent and have some helpful input to this matter. If you do not fall in the category, please dont waste your time and move on.

I know Racism exists every where in the world to some degree. What I really want to know is - obvious racism. For example,
Have any one of you experienced some thugs making derogatory remarks or jesture towards you in public place like in trains etc.
Do you feel unwelcome in Australia because your neighbor is pain in the ass?

What is your goal here? Answer is either yes or no.... but what difference does it make for you? Even if Australia comes out be racist, would it change your decision to live in Australia?

I don't really see this thread going anywhere, except for few people exchanging heated comments with each other. Fairly pointless and somewhat irresponsible.

Pollyana Feb 26th 2009 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by caliburn (Post 7325290)
What is your goal here? Answer is either yes or no.... but what difference does it make for you? Even if Australia comes out be racist, would it change your decision to live in Australia?

I don't really see this thread going anywhere, except for few people exchanging heated comments with each other. Fairly pointless and somewhat irresponsible.

Fits in well with a lot of the other threads around these days then :lol: :sneaky:

Dorothy Feb 26th 2009 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7325283)
You've met him as well then :lol:

No, but I have read his posts. Besides, I feel like slapping someone so why not Bernie?

elmtree Feb 26th 2009 1:54 pm

I am starting a new thread to hear comments/opinions/views on racism in Australia against people from Asian decent. I started this discussion last time some uneducated morons hijacked the topic. So please respond if you fall in the catergory of asian decent and have some helpful input to this matter. If you do not fall in the category, please dont waste your time and move on.

I know Racism exists every where in the world to some degree. What I really want to know is - obvious racism. For example,
Have any one of you experienced some thugs making derogatory remarks or jesture towards you in public place like in trains etc.

You're just a troublemaker, aren't you ?

Oh, okay, let's play along.

Yes, loads of racism by thugs making derogatory remarks particularly towards people of Indian descent. Not S.E asians or Pakistanis or Bangladeshis or Sri Lankans or Afghanis, just Indians.

There. Happy now ????

coolerkingcooler Feb 26th 2009 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7325319)
No, but I have read his posts. Besides, I feel like slapping someone so why not Bernie?

kporte is into that:D

Cooler

coolerkingcooler Feb 26th 2009 2:57 pm

Dale Carnegie had very successful book you may like to read.

Cooler

Mitzyboy Feb 26th 2009 4:24 pm

As the OP is no longer with us I'm closing the thread :)