Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Racial Riots In Birmingham..

Racial Riots In Birmingham..

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:42 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Racial Riots In Birmingham..

West Africans rioting with Asians in the centre of Birmingham...150 riot police involved and one man reported dead...

Is this the one of the reasons we/you are leaving for Aus. ????

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice
Default Re: Racial Riots In Birmingham..

We have race riots over here too, such as that in Redfern Sydney. Also we have non race riots such as that in a suburb called Macquarie Fields just a year ago over police being blamed for a speeding car crash. It lasted for days.

Not sure about other cities in Australia but I am sure they must have their periodic clashes too.

I'm not trying to be negative but just pointing out that Australia as much as I love it has similar social problems to the UK.

Princess Leia
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:29 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
West Africans rioting with Asians in the centre of Birmingham...150 riot police involved and one man reported dead...

Didn't even know about it till you said ... only go there once a year (live on outskirts) can't stand Brum centre very scary especially at night but no not my reson for leaving ... if I lived in the middle of it tho, it probably would be
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Racial Riots In Birmingham..

Yes ! Another 10 yrs it will be immigrant city ghetto v immigrant city ghetto,

so im ghettoing owt sharpish !
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mindblower

Yes and another 10 years that could be australia to.it could happen
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are coming to Australia to get away from immigrants then you are sadly misguided. Not only are you becoming an immigrant yourself but you are moving to a country which is full of immigrants and has plenty of racial tensions all of it's own.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:48 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Croker,
It's more interesting that it's actually been reported this time.

According to Good old BBC one "black" man in his 20's killed, four stabbed and 2 shot! all in Lozells.
It's reportedly all about the alleged sexual attack of a "black" 14 year old girl by 2 Asian men.

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:18 am
Just Joined

flavinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Racial Riots In Birmingham..

Originally Posted by mindblower

it didnt start out as a race riot .a 14yr old girl was raped.im of mixed race and im also getting out sharpish!not because of race riots but because i am sick of looking at concrete and having nothing to do at weekends.myself ,my partner and my 11yr old like the outdoor life style and were very sporty.i have always lived in brum apart from a year in spain.i cant stand birmingham but i will tell you something interesting,i am mixed race,my father jamaican and my mother south american and i get dirty looks off both black and white.so if immigrant v immigrant want to riot i will not be involved.i didnt ask to be born in england ,i blame my parents for that!!!.im not looking for paradise in oz but i know i probably wont be stared at as much,so i have my own reasons for getting out.when your mixed race your piggy in the middle.!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

perthukcharlie will become famous soon enough

Hi guys
I'm from Birmingham and if you come from there you would know what its like. When your in the city and a black guy is been arrested you then get about 20 black girls calling out "why are you been racist, go arrest a white guy". Also when you drive in parts of birmingham and there are signs up saying "no whites after 10 pm", you never see signs saying no blacks or no asians after 10 pm. When England is playing you cant have the union jack up becouse you are been racist, so whats that all about? and whats the world coming to?Isn't them who are more racist? I used to work the Birmingham rag market was down there for 20 years and seen it all down there ??? and its getting worse.when its ramadam in the UK you will get them all driving in the city with the flags out and other stuff but we cant have the union jack up when ENGLAND are playing. so you try living in the uk with all that GDAY anyway.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:07 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthukcharlie
Hi guys
I'm from Birmingham and if you come from there you would know what its like. When your in the city and a black guy is been arrested you then get about 20 black girls calling out "why are you been racist, go arrest a white guy". Also when you drive in parts of birmingham and there are signs up saying "no whites after 10 pm", you never see signs saying no blacks or no asians after 10 pm. When England is playing you cant have the union jack up becouse you are been racist, so whats that all about? and whats the world coming to?Isn't them who are more racist? I used to work the Birmingham rag market was down there for 20 years and seen it all down there ??? and its getting worse.when its ramadam in the UK you will get them all driving in the city with the flags out and other stuff but we cant have the union jack up when ENGLAND are playing. so you try living in the uk with all that GDAY anyway.

Sorry mate but what a load of utter CRAP !!!!

You are free to display your Union Jack in the uk, and in oz .. only problems ive ever encountered was displaying it in Spain !

WTF has Ramadan got to do with the price of pork fgs ???

Its all about tolerance, and as a Midlander I am fully aware of the issues surrounding, the so called black culture explosion, and issues surrounding racial tension...

What you fail to miss, is Australia is and will increase to be a MultiCultural society.

You are bitchin and whining about stuff you wish to escape from and going from the frying pan into the fire.

I grew up and lived for 20 years in a large council esate, surrounded by the issues ive read here, and albeit i dont accept or tolerate these issues, at the n'th degree, Australia isnt that disimilar.

There are huge racial groups, factions, and "this is my turf " " my side of the street" no go areas. Possibly much more so than within the uk.

The problems with the uk, is the claustrophobia surrounding you when caught up in the violence and the clashes.

Move to Australia, not Escape to Australia !!

Steve
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:25 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
We have race riots over here too, such as that in Redfern Sydney. Also we have non race riots such as that in a suburb called Macquarie Fields just a year ago over police being blamed for a speeding car crash. It lasted for days.

Not sure about other cities in Australia but I am sure they must have their periodic clashes too.

I'm not trying to be negative but just pointing out that Australia as much as I love it has similar social problems to the UK.

Princess Leia
SYDNEY has race riots, ..................... mm
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I live on the outskirts of Birmingham and I work in the city yet these riots won't have any effect on my everyday life. Like a lot of race riots it happened in a predominately black area.
The same sort of thing happens in Australia and the U.S.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:45 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by perthukcharlie
Hi guys
I'm afriad to say that this is utter tripe

I live in central birmingham (all be it the other side to lozzels) but i have friends caught up in these riots yesterday.

There are no areas with NO WHITES signs alhough its a given with some areas that is safer not to go to after a certain time of night ..

I run what we call an 'after club' here in the city centre (in other words a very late night drinking den with djs) and i see some right sights but we never have racial issues in the club and we have such a mix if clientel that its untrue

Its unfortunate what happened over in lozells but i can honestly say that this would/could happen anywhere in the world, birmingham is one of the most multicutural cities in the UK (if not europe)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:04 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I'm afriad to say that this is utter tripe

I live in central birmingham (all be it the other side to lozzels) but i have friends caught up in these riots yesterday.

There are no areas with NO WHITES signs alhough its a given with some areas that is safer not to go to after a certain time of night ..

I run what we call an 'after club' here in the city centre (in other words a very late night drinking den with djs) and i see some right sights but we never have racial issues in the club and we have such a mix if clientel that its untrue

Its unfortunate what happened over in lozells but i can honestly say that this would/could happen anywhere in the world, birmingham is one of the most multicutural cities in the UK (if not europe)
Hiya Cam_uk,
I had head from my neighbour about the "No Whites" bit.
Multiculterul is an anice idea, but intolerance is on all sides persists!

There was an interesting lttle ditty on TV the other day, someone had notice how many people migrated to the Uk, and even more surprising was how many
migrated!

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

its one of the reasons i left birmingham mate!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.