Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rabies vaccination question for importing my cats

Rabies vaccination question for importing my cats

Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant future
Default Rabies vaccination question for importing my cats

Hi everyone,
we are thinking of going back to Australia some time next year and will bring our two cats. I think I got most of the regulations, but not sure about the following: kitties had their rabies vaccinations in March 2012 (this year). Will do the blood test in the next couple of weeks, and I know that this is valid for 12 months, but will I still have to do another rabies vaccination in March 2013 ? Or anything else to watch out for , like is the blood test only valid to the next vaccination and have to do another blood test after that ?

Bit confused and grateful for any help. Thanks

Katie
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabies vaccination question for importing my cats

You do the blood test once, then you must keep up with the regular vaccinations as per your vet advices. If you don't keep up with the vaccinations you would have to start again, that is take the blood test again.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Wombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rabies vaccination question for importing my cats

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You do the blood test once, then you must keep up with the regular vaccinations as per your vet advices. If you don't keep up with the vaccinations you would have to start again, that is take the blood test again.
Hi Bermudashorts, thanks for that , really appreciated. Will go and get the tests done soon and follow up with the vaccinations. Fingers crossed that the rumours are true and the time in quarantine will come down soon as well .