Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

R we the last to go???????

R we the last to go???????

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good on yer Grub

Good point! Mind you- with experience I wouldnt trust them to boil an egg let alone look after a newborn!

An idea anyway.......

Originally posted by Rossi
Wish I'd got the b*lls to do the same.
I've just had a thought (god it hurt)
If your offspring arrives in Oz that makes him a citizen by birth, will Oz High Commission babysit for you whilst you leave to get your PR sticker?
Old Feb 4th 2003, 12:58 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: R we the last to go???????

Originally posted by Grub
Anyone currently beating us. We applied Skilled Ind in May 2001 through London. Application not transferred.

Anyone else as depressed as us?

Well- actually NOT so depreessed....cos we have made the decision to Go Go Go!!! Stuff them all. Let them try and chuck me out!!!! We are planning to go around March 1st so if the PR hasnt arrived before then we are STUFFED. But hey- live on the edge!!!

So all you people in Perth- wotch out here we come..................
We're still at the "just send us the bloody transcript!" stage. The transcript being the important bit to send off to have my wife's nursing qualifications assessed. It's then another month or so of waiting for the assessment to come back before we can actually apply.

But we're still hoping to get to Brisbane in mid 2004.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: R we the last to go???????

Originally posted by Houdini
We're still at the "just send us the bloody transcript!" stage. The transcript being the important bit to send off to have my wife's nursing qualifications assessed. It's then another month or so of waiting for the assessment to come back before we can actually apply.

But we're still hoping to get to Brisbane in mid 2004.
Hi Houdini,
Cannot believe someone else is as frustrated as we are for exactly same reasons(still waiting for transcript).Also hoping to get to Brisbane by mid 2004.
Have already had job offers for 2003 or 2004 Australian V8 racing season(currently in british racing team) so frustrating to have work but no visa(employer nomination not possible)!!
Old Feb 6th 2003, 10:52 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mikenvonny
Hi Houdini,
Cannot believe someone else is as frustrated as we are for exactly same reasons(still waiting for transcript).Also hoping to get to Brisbane by mid 2004.
Have already had job offers for 2003 or 2004 Australian V8 racing season(currently in british racing team) so frustrating to have work but no visa(employer nomination not possible)!!

Which team we did a bit of work for Larry Perkins and his team last year.

Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:02 am
Free at last!

Originally posted by mikenvonny
Hi Houdini,
Woohoo! Finally got the transcript (amazing how one phone call can speed things up) - keep hassling whoever it is who's doing the transcript. Now we just need to get the documents certified and then we can send off for assessment. So another 4-6weeks of waiting for the assessment to arrive before we can finally apply.
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

hi houdini,

i'm also at the stage of waiting for the transcript. who sent you yours. was it college of nursing or nmc. houdini who did you phone?
nmc were supposed to have sent mine (my school of nursing has closed down) in october to nz and then i got a letter just before christmas from the nz council to say they could not complete my registration as nmc had not sent the transcript. so i've written a couple of weeks ago to ask them to send it again but have heard nothing. maybe i should start hasstling by phone.

anyway glad you finally got yours sorted!
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:38 am
Free at last!

Originally posted by jajpe
hi houdini,

i'm also at the stage of waiting for the transcript. who sent you yours. was it college of nursing or nmc. houdini who did you phone?
nmc were supposed to have sent mine (my school of nursing has closed down) in october to nz and then i got a letter just before christmas from the nz council to say they could not complete my registration as nmc had not sent the transcript. so i've written a couple of weeks ago to ask them to send it again but have heard nothing. maybe i should start hasstling by phone.

anyway glad you finally got yours sorted!
Transcript was done by the University of the West Of England (UWE) in Bristol where my wife studied nursing. We rang the course co-ordinator to hurry things along. They charged us £50 for the transcript!
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Houdini
Transcript was done by the University of the West Of England (UWE) in Bristol where my wife studied nursing. We rang the course co-ordinator to hurry things along. They charged us £50 for the transcript!

thanks for reply houdini,

methinks i am not paying nmc enough! those uni fees seem a bit steep! i have not been asked to pay for transcript only the verification of registration thingy - about £34 quid i think. maybe i should phone them again today and ask a few more questions. i really need nz reg. before holiday in april so i might be as well to start pestering them now.

thanks again
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point

i called the courses administrator and recieved my transcript two days later, all colleges and universitiees have to keep a record of your studies, courses taken and exam results. I have found in the past that writing or emailing administrators was noit the best option as this could be put aside or later (this sometimes results in never) give them a call and all the best for your applications
Old Feb 7th 2003, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was not charged for my transcript, thats a bit of a cheek £50