Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

Old May 10th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

It's my last Friday in work this Friday and we always have a quiz in our daily huddle. Last week I volunteered to do a quiz on an Aussie theme but can't think of questions except how many states and name them!!! (how crap am i!)

Help - please can you guys suggest some good questions - but don't forget to give me the answers!!!!
Old May 10th 2006, 2:54 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

How about ... what would an Australian give a XXXX for?

Or

How much can a Koala bear?

Or

Name the animals on the flag.

Or

Name the capital of Australia (see how many say Sydney)

Or

What was the old name for Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Old May 10th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

[How much can a Koala bear?]

How much can a Koala Bear what?

Great other questions!! - thanks
Old May 10th 2006, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
It's my last Friday in work this Friday and we always have a quiz in our daily huddle. Last week I volunteered to do a quiz on an Aussie theme but can't think of questions except how many states and name them!!! (how crap am i!)

Help - please can you guys suggest some good questions - but don't forget to give me the answers!!!!
Link to some quiz questions and answers.
Old May 10th 2006, 3:12 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

1. What are the only 2 mammals in the world to lay eggs, both Australian?
A - Platypus and Echidna

2. Out of the 10 most poisonous snakes in the world, how many are Australian?
A - All of them.

3. Who starred in the Australian film "The Dish"?
A - Sam Neill

4. Which City is Neighbours filmed in?
A - Melbourne

5. Which Prime Minister of Australia courted controversy by putting his arm round the Queen?
A - Paul Keating

6. How many States in Australia have Ski resorts?
A - 3 (NSW, Vic and Tasmania)

7. What is a redback?
A - a spider

8. In 1983 Australia won a cup that had been held by America for 132 years. Which cup was it and in what sport?
A - America's Cup (Sailing)

9. What is the largest city in the Northern Territory?
A - Darwin

10. What are the 2 inhabited islands between Australia and New Zealand (not Tasmania)?
A - Norfolk island and Lord Howe Island.

Hows that for starters?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 10th 2006, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

How much can a koala bear!! LOVE IT!! Hee hee
Old May 10th 2006, 6:30 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

• Which Australian Prime Minister made it into the Guiness Book of Records by sculling 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds?
    Bob Hawke.

• Which Australian Prime Minister described himself as "British to the bootstraps"?
    Robert Menzies.

• Which Australian Prime Minister is famous for being the only PM to have served time in prison?
    John Curtin.

• In 1832, the Governor of Tasmania attended a chapel service at the Cascade Female Factory. What happened when he arrived?
    He was mooned by 300 convict women.

• What is the size of a newly-born baby kangaroo?
    2 centimetres long.

• Which two native Australian animals are incapable of walking backwards?
    The emu and the kangaroo.

• Which native Australian animal has a poisonous spur with which it is capable of killing a dog?
    The platypus.

• Which native Australian animal has killed more people in Australia than stonefish, sharks and crocodiles combined?
    The box jellyfish. It is also the world's most poisonous marine animal.

• In what year did Australia invent the world's first pre-paid postage system?
    Pre-paid postage was invented by James Raymond (Colonial Postmaster-General of New South Wales) in 1838.

• What is the name of Australia's first saint?
    Mary McKillop; a Catholic nun and founder of the Sisters of St Joseph. In typical Australian fashion, she rebelled against the church hierarchy and was subsequently excommunicated for six months. A tireless charity worker, she was loved and admired by Catholics and Protestants alike.

Old May 10th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Old May 10th 2006, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
  • Which Australian Prime Minister made it into the Guiness Book of Records by sculling 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds?
    Bob Hawke.

• Which Australian Prime Minister described himself as "British to the bootstraps"?
    Robert Menzies.

• Which Australian Prime Minister is famous for being the only PM to have served time in prison?
    John Curtin.

• In 1832, the Governor of Tasmania attended a chapel service at the Cascade Female Factory. What happened when he arrived?
    He was mooned by 300 convict women.

• What is the size of a newly-born baby kangaroo?
    2 centimetres long.

• Which two native Australian animals are incapable of walking backwards?
    The emu and the kangaroo.

• Which native Australian animal has a poisonous spur with which it is capable of killing a dog?
    The platypus.

• Which native Australian animal has killed more people in Australia than stonefish, sharks and crocodiles combined?
    The box jellyfish. It is also the world's most poisonous marine animal.

• In what year did Australia invent the world's first pre-paid postage system?
    Pre-paid postage was invented by James Raymond (Colonial Postmaster-General of New South Wales) in 1838.

• What is the name of Australia's first saint?
    Mary McKillop; a Catholic nun and founder of the Sisters of St Joseph. In typical Australian fashion, she rebelled against the church hierarchy and was subsequently excommunicated for six months. A tireless charity worker, she was loved and admired by Catholics and Protestants alike.

No way! Aaahhh That's tiny.

Leigh
Old May 10th 2006, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
How much can a Koala bear?

Everything, it's naked

Last edited by WendyC; May 10th 2006 at 8:51 pm.
Old May 10th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

If your work mates don't know the first thing about Oz you could throw in some easy questions too, like, Name x amount of Aussie soap stars who have had a hit single.

Kylie Minogue
Danni Minogue
Natalie Imbruglia
Holly Valance
Rebecca Cartwright
Jason Donovan
Craig Mclachlan

To name the ones I can think of

Leigh
Old May 10th 2006, 10:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
No way! Aaahhh That's tiny.

Leigh
They do get bigger.
Old May 12th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Q.What was the name of the serving Prime Minister who drowned?

A.Harold Holt

Q.What was build to commemorate him?

A.A swimming pool!

I find that so warped..
Old May 12th 2006, 6:50 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Quiz in work on Australia - need questions

Originally Posted by Pomster
Q.What was the name of the serving Prime Minister who drowned?

A.Harold Holt

Q.What was build to commemorate him?

A.A swimming pool!

I find that so warped..
I reckon it's pretty cool.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:09 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

here are some for you

what city and what year were the expo for oz held?

Brisbane,1998

Which famous, now retired cricket player played baseball before taking up cricket, well actually he was a pitcher.

Alan Border(played for qld and oz)

Which media magnate recently died?

Kerry Packer

Which media magnate looked like a ugly bull dog?

What is the aboriginal name for ayers rock? (easy one)

Ayers Rock

Where does steve irwin live?

sorry can't remember what its called I think it's beerwar

How much did immigrant pay to come to oz in the old days?

£10- answers in dollars don't count

Who is gay and wears a hat and is a whinger?

Molly Meldrum

what is the name of the miserable judge on Saturday night live (I think that's what it was called)

red symons

Michael hutchence and kylie were joining the mile high club and a former politician was sitting in the seat in front of them, who was it?

Bob Hawke

Who got cheered at the last games in melbourne each time his name was mentioned?

the melbourne mayor (can't remember his name)

What is the first name of the athlete who many many years ago climbed up a flagpole and nicked another countries flag?

Dawn (think her surname is frazer)

Which cricketer acts like a slime ball but is brilliant at his job?

Shane Warne

What is a Nigel? (this may only apply to certain states)

a dumbie or silly person

On the well known saturday programme with Red Syomons, what animal featured in the programmes competion for prizes?

A duck - pluck a duck

What anthem did we sing before advance oz fair and for a bonus point, what year was it introduced?

god save the queen, I think it was 82 when John Howard was defeated.

What was the name of the comet that visited oz and that many australians got to see in the 80's

Hayleys comet

Which black english tv presenter worked on Playschool for many years?

Trisha Goddard (I remember her on playschool and find it strange watching her doing a rubbish talk show)

Where is Home and Away made?

Palm Beach nsw (they might not know this as only tourists tend to know this)

Which secret agent worked for Control and had a work partner called 99?

Get Smart (shown in oz for years so someone should know this one)

Which record did John Farnham release in 1998?

Age of Reason

What night in the week did Jimmy Barnes in cold chisel famously sing about?

Saturday night (it's a song title)

Which oz artist is known for his use of colour and has been around for years?

Ken Dome

Who, after winning a gold medal at a games, ran around the track with an alternative australian flag?

Kathy Freeman

Which city do foreigners think is the capital city, but isn't?

Sydney

Which store is famous for it's xmas window displays?

Myers (well in melbourne anyway)

What, historically, were rolled down the aisles of movie theatres?

Jaffas

What is the most famous oz boot?

Blundstones (mine were bought in 89 and they are still going, only just)

Which city is Kylie from/

melbourne

Who was the first singer in the family Kylie or Danni Minogue?

Danni (young talent time - with fat face)

What year did Kylie first sing on Young Talent time/

1998 ( and it was f**ken awful)

Historically, what used to be shown from 12am and through the night of ABC/

Music videos

That is about as much as I can think of, at the moment, hope it helps in some way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.