quietly smug

Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default quietly smug

Got made redundant today and have spent the day accepting sympathy from fellow workers while trying not to smirk. I thought it was in the pipeline so said nothing about our immigration plans to any-one, didn't want to jeopardise redundancy pay-out. Very happy bunny, been in my job for the past 15 years and they're giving me 5 weeks per year lump sum!! Will finish up Dec 31st but they will pay me until March 31 2005
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quietly smug

Absolutely brill m8.
How you contained yourself I will never know.
One in the eye eh ?

Gonna give you some Karma to top off your day
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:10 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CK2B
Got made redundant today and have spent the day accepting sympathy from fellow workers while trying not to smirk. I thought it was in the pipeline so said nothing about our immigration plans to any-one, didn't want to jeopardise redundancy pay-out. Very happy bunny, been in my job for the past 15 years and they're giving me 5 weeks per year lump sum!! Will finish up Dec 31st but they will pay me until March 31 2005

Thats great news,lucky you, what great timing. well done.

Julia
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

That is fantastic news for you!! I am really pleased that things can go right for people...

Like Bix, I am amazed you were able to keep quiet...not a chance in the world I would have been able to...

Anyway, good luck for the rest of your journey..

Hels
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:19 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, I couldn't have kept a straight face.

With your *luck* I hope you've put the lottery on tonight!!

Walla
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

lucky bugger!!!

congratulations!!!

honeybob...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Candice"n"Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: quietly smug

WOW you lucky thing I really wouldn't have been able to stop grinning!!! Well done
Candice
XXX
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:57 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I bet you even had a tear run down your cheek, just to make them feel bad. Good luck mate.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Quietly smug? I bet you had to have your grin surgically removed today (unless it's still there?) Nice one.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Cool!

In my case, I packed up my job and moved out here, only to see that 2 months after leaving my old company was bought out and the place I worked for years closed down.

I console myself that not having to put up with a further 2-3 months bulls**t was definitely worth the 20,000 quid potential redundancy I probably missed out on
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes and karma! Had a few glasses of wine last night to settle me down and feel great this morning. Don't mind having to work here for the next 4 months now knowing that there's a nice little cheque waiting for me at the end, he,he!!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough

We are soooooooooo jealous!
( and really pleased for you)
jax

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes and karma! Had a few glasses of wine last night to settle me down and feel great this morning. Don't mind having to work here for the next 4 months now knowing that there's a nice little cheque waiting for me at the end, he,he!!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:12 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one CK2B! I know how you feel, we have been planning this move for over 4 years and like everyone else we were keen to go once we had decided we were gonna go. We delayed our move for a number of reasons and then late last year out of the blue multi national my hubby works for asked for 200 voluntary redundancies, the package is very good as my husband has 22 years service under his belt.

We prayed for it but we never thought it would happen. The difference with us is that everyone knows we were planning to leave anyway and most are really pleased for us especially hubbys line manager who is an Ozzie and is planning to go back home in 2006.

ACE
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:19 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ACE
Nice one CK2B! I know how you feel, we have been planning this move for over 4 years and like everyone else we were keen to go once we had decided we were gonna go. We delayed our move for a number of reasons and then late last year out of the blue multi national my hubby works for asked for 200 voluntary redundancies, the package is very good as my husband has 22 years service under his belt.

We prayed for it but we never thought it would happen. The difference with us is that everyone knows we were planning to leave anyway and most are really pleased for us especially hubbys line manager who is an Ozzie and is planning to go back home in 2006.

ACE
can someone make this happen for me please ....
i can't wait to get out of here and would love to be made redundant...

You lucky little blighters
got any tips for the horses this weekend ?

S
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:36 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Looks like the same thing is about to happen to me only ben in my job for 4.5 yrs and looks like we are only in for 2 weeks per year but better than a kick in the teeth.

Should know in the next few days so I'l raise a glass to you

Cheers
Kala

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.