Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

quick school question.

quick school question.

Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Question quick school question.

can anyone let me know at what age or which year children start secondary school in WA. I seem to be getting conflicting information when I've tried to look into it!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:25 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quick school question.

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
can anyone let me know at what age or which year children start secondary school in WA. I seem to be getting conflicting information when I've tried to look into it!!
Jan to Jan rising 13
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sme
Jan to Jan rising 13
even more!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 10:10 pm
ABCDiamond

Some WA info I have seen is:

Primary school
- Years 1-7 for ages 6-12

Secondary/High school
- Years 8-10 for ages 12-15
- Years 11-12 for ages 15-17

It may be different in different schools, (hence the differing answers you have seen) as QLD is quoted as being the same, however, my childs school starts Secondary school in year 7, when she will be 11 years old.

Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:49 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Some WA info I have seen is:

Primary school
- Years 1-7 for ages 6-12

Secondary/High school
- Years 8-10 for ages 12-15
- Years 11-12 for ages 15-17

It may be different in different schools, (hence the differing answers you have seen) as QLD is quoted as being the same, however, my childs school starts Secondary school in year 7, when she will be 11 years old.
The schools I visited last Sept. gave me that info - they are supposed to be standardising the intakes hense Jan - jan in the year they turn 13 and it ought to be yr 8 (hopefully )