Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quick quick slow (NZ)

Quick quick slow (NZ)

Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick quick slow (NZ)

Well, after finding a job in Wellington, I got my future employer to fax the job offer to NZIS in London. It was faxed on the 27th Jan, after a couple of e-mails, I got confirmation on the 29th that the fax had been received and that our application was put on the priority list. I then heard nothing but asked someone from my future company to use a contact in NZ House to find out what was going on. He got back to me on the 5th of Feb to say that a letter of approval was sent out on the 4th! That was the day my son delivered the hard copy of the job offer to NZ House. But I hadn't heard anything about even a case officer being assigned.

At the end of last week, the letter still hadn't arrived. I was getting anxious again yesterday after the post came, but no letter. I was going to wait one more day before getting in touch with NZIS again but the letter arrived this morning. It was postmarked the 9th, but dated the 4th, so it took a few days to work its way to the "out" pile in NZ House.

At least now I have the letter and plan to visit NZ House to have our passports stamped, so I can fly out in two weeks (the family will join me later). So Wellington here I come.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 10:37 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats.... I'm sure you'll like it out there!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:12 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes well done Sofistek, keep us updated. We should be in Wellington Mid April.

Rob
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick quick slow (NZ)

Originally posted by sofistek
Well, after finding a job in Wellington, I got my future employer to fax the job offer to NZIS in London. It was faxed on the 27th Jan, after a couple of e-mails, I got confirmation on the 29th that the fax had been received and that our application was put on the priority list. I then heard nothing but asked someone from my future company to use a contact in NZ House to find out what was going on. He got back to me on the 5th of Feb to say that a letter of approval was sent out on the 4th! That was the day my son delivered the hard copy of the job offer to NZ House. But I hadn't heard anything about even a case officer being assigned.

At the end of last week, the letter still hadn't arrived. I was getting anxious again yesterday after the post came, but no letter. I was going to wait one more day before getting in touch with NZIS again but the letter arrived this morning. It was postmarked the 9th, but dated the 4th, so it took a few days to work its way to the "out" pile in NZ House.

At least now I have the letter and plan to visit NZ House to have our passports stamped, so I can fly out in two weeks (the family will join me later). So Wellington here I come.

well done. Hey looks like you might be just the man to give us up to the minute info on NZ .

BTW where are you in Berks? my son is just finishing school in Bracknell?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Quick quick slow (NZ)

Originally posted by helinuk
well done. Hey looks like you might be just the man to give us up to the minute info on NZ .

BTW where are you in Berks? my son is just finishing school in Bracknell?
I live near Newbury but have just finished some freelance work in Bracknell.

I'm not sure what you mean by up to the minute news but I'll keep you posted about how I get on.

Tony
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:50 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Wahey - good for you!!!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Tony.

Glad everything has come together at last and that you'll be on your way soon.

Keep in touch on how everthing goes & your experiences when there.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:43 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news...worth the wait!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done! wow, your head must be spinning now, theres so many heading out in the next few weeks, cant wait til its us!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by nell m
Well done! wow, your head must be spinning now, theres so many heading out in the next few weeks, cant wait til its us!
You're going out in 2005, nell? Why such a wait?